three

justjadeross

justjadeross

you'll do great. you'll do great. don't stress. don't stress

like || comments

memyselfandmegan you'll do amazing bbg!!!

elenabatman whatever is going on, you'll do great, or fail entirely, either way im here for you sweetums

random she's posting more selfies than normal, and im HERE for it :,)

justjadeross random don't get used to it oop

Jade received a couple of emails that same night, leading her to where she was now. The first was an email from the first job offer, saying she just wasn't cut from the cloth needed to work at their office. Jade wasn't one for analogies or metaphors, whatever you would call that piece of literature let down. 

The second email was from the next job she sent in for, telling her a date, time, and place that an interview would take place. An exciting, yet frightening email to receive when you aren't certain what the job is for. She new a videographer was wanted, which was a plus in some sort of way, after all, she would be getting to work with something she liked for once. No desk, people she didn't like, or a stiff pencil skirt to stuff herself into. Just herself and the camera, she hoped anyway. 

The third and final email was from her landlord, explaining that rent would be high for the next three months due to taxes, or some sort of legal bullshit that Jade didn't really understand or have the nerve to question. In the end, she needed this job to work out. Her bank account could only hold out so much longer without steady, trusting, income flowing through. Not just mindless side jobs and orders that got her fast cash. 

After a quick pep talk from Megan, and two whole cups of coffee with minimal amounts of creamer in them, Jade managed to order an uber and prepared herself for the interview. She knew damn well it was going to be awkward because that's just who she was. She wasn't one for last moment meetings or meeting new people. Which may be a reason she was struggling to find a job in the first place, but she wasn't emotionally prepared to admit that to herself yet. She dressed nicely, casual but not the type of casual where she was wearing leggings and no bra. Rather the type that said, "I promise I'm chill, and I'm a good videographer, I promise!" Once she looked presentable (even going as far as curling her hair), she said goodbye to her friend and left the comfort of her apartment to wait for her uber outside. 

Tapping her foot nervously against the floor of the car, Jade couldn't help but feel the nerves creep in. She had her camera in her lap, fiddling with the zoom to avoid bad conversation with the driver, who was nice enough to respect her and play his music quietly and not speak a word other than a quick 'hello, how're you?' when she first got in. Apparently, the address she was given was a little closer than she expected, making her feel foolish for ordering an uber in the first place. She was more than capable of walking the distance. She just wasn't thinking, and instead panic ordered an uber she didn't need. The man who she was emailing, who she figured out was named Kon, asked her to show him some of the stuff she had done in the past, which Jade had no problem doing. She was proud of her work and knew it was good (how else would she have passed her coursework or earned money in the past), yet the underlying fear that Kon would be disgusted was still there. Which is why her foot tapping had slowly progressed to a leg bounce.

"This is the address you gave me miss." The driver said, looking back at her with a straight face. She must have been zoned out and missed them actually stopping. "Oh, sorry." She breathed out, collecting all of her belongings before climbing out. She handed him a good tip, something that she had a guilty habit of doing, for spacing out and annoying him. As soon as he zoomed away, she was left alone. Taking a deep breath, she tightened her grip on her camera and took a step forward, opening the door to the small coffee shop before fully stepping in. She would leave a sad gal, or a woman with a new job.