Can ya Spell Ramen? I can!

Naruto couldn't believe it.

Somebody else was sitting in his swing! Jiji had ordered that swing be put up just for him and there was somebody else swinging in it!

"Hey!" Naruto barked at the pink haired girl on his swing. She startled and opened bright green eyes in surprise.

"Huh?" She asked in confusion. The green eyes settled on Naruto eerily before sliding out of focus. Naruto waited for her to say something more, but it seemed as if the girl's focus was somewhere else entirely. Naruto frowned. He hated being ignored.

"You're in my swing!" Naruto accused boldly.

"Yes? I am?" The pink girl asked innocently. She tilted her brightly colored head to the side and looked at Naruto in confusion.
Naruto found himself blushing, somehow the anger he had felt dissipated quickly. The little pink haired girl was adorable! Much like a baby puppy or kitten, Naruto mused. He couldn't make her leave, it'd be like... like... kicking a puppy! Naruto pouted a looked away.

"Um... it's okay. You can swing too." Naruto murmured softly. He was about to turn to go sit on the nearby bench when the girl spoke up again.

"Share with me." Green eyes brightened in determination as they glared at him imperiously. Suddenly, Naruto felt as if the cute puppy had mysteriously become an Inuzuka nin dog instead.

"Huh?" Naruto stuttered in surprise. Where had that baby like innocence gone to?

"There's room for two, and we both want to swing. So, lets swing together." It took a moment for Naruto to register the meaning of her words. She wanted him... to swing with her?! Yes, she really didn't seem so much the adorably innocent kitten now, but Naruto felt equally as happy with her kind, bossy exterior so long as she actually wanted to play with him.

"Okay!" Naruto cried gleefully. Naruto happily hopped onto the swing beside the girl. He grinned at her before beginning to swing. After a few moments, their legs synchronized, and the swing began to move. Naruto tried to grin wider. He wasn't sure if he managed but he hoped it was enough to convey how happy he was. This was awesome! This was one of the few times he had swing with someone and the girl was really good at it. She seemed to really like swinging too, cuz there was a vivid smile resting beneath her small nose. The pinkette giggled happily.

"I love swinging!" she cried out.

"ME TOO!" Naruto shouted joyfully. He continued swinging with the pink girl for a few more minutes, merely enjoying the rare positive presence of someone his age.

"What's your name?" The girl asked suddenly. Naruto blinked. Then he grinned.

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki! Who're you?" Naruto asked. So far, she seemed really nice and he didn't see any angry parents around. Maybe, if he was careful, maybe they could be friends?

"I'm Sakura Haruno. It's nice to meet you." The girl, Sakura greeted. Naruto thought she sounded a little funny, like the books Jiji always tried to get him to read. Still, Sakura's name was pretty, and it matched her hair perfectly. She must have super cool parents! Naruto wished he could meet them but figured it was best if he avoided them. Parents didn't really like him to play with their kids.

"I'm here with my mom. She's working on a construction project here. Why are you here?" Sakura asked. Naruto was a little surprised at her curiosity. Most kids didn't bother with things like that. They just wanted to play.

"I'm here to see Hokage-Jiji. He's going to help me study for the academy entrance exam." Naruto boasted happily. He couldn't wait! The thought of taking the exam and entering the academy made heated excitement bubble up in his stomach. Naruto was definitely going to become a great ninja, believe it!