The Big, Small Job

It was time. Time to leave my hometown, New York, New York, to move to a small town, Jupiter, Florida. I had to. There was no choice. I'm completely broke and no one else would accept my job application or hire me.

Now, I'm going to babysit a rich kid. His mom said he has no friends and is in need of one. I get a place to live and meals for free. She is paying me $2,500 a day just to be a friend to a kid. Easy. Too easy. I almost couldn't believe it.

It was not long before the cab I took from the airport is in the driveway of an enormous, elegant house. My, oh my. Is all I could think. I get to live and eat here to babysit a kid!

The cab comes to a stop and I open the door. I step out and grab my small (f/c) purse. The driver got two of my small suitcases out and is already leading them to the front door.

"Thank you so much!" I tell the drive. I slip him some money for the cab fare and some extra money as a tip.
"My pleasure." He says before taking the cash and stepping back into the cab and driving away.

I step towards the door and stop before it. I fixed my bun, pulled my burgundy skirt down a bit, and pulled my black cardigan off. I pulled my white gloves off and knocked on the door. Whether or not I liked the job was to soon be decided.