Chapter 24

Fionna's P.O.V

"What!?"

"I'm afraid so," Mason said.

"No it can't be, no this can't be happening," I said.

"Sorry you two, but we need to leave. Someone might come back so let's get out of here," Mason said.

Marshall is just standing there in silence. Not a sound and barely and movement apart from walking down the hall. I'm just shaking right now. Twins! It's my first and it had to be twins. Great, more stuff to get and more stress. Ugh this is a lot to take in.

"Look I'm sorry about this mishap with you two, but Fionna I know a recipe to help you with this kind of thing. This stress and carrying two babies that are different species will take a toll on you so here's a recipe to help your body relax," he said while giving me a piece of paper.

"Thank you," I said.

"I'll meet you in the car Fi. I need to talk to Mason," Marshall finally said.

I walk to the car and sit in it. I see Marshall talking to Mason, but he's not freaking out. It looks like a normal conversation. The piece of paper Mason gave me is wrapped up in my hand. I open it up to see a recipe for a drink.

-Vampire Stress Relief-

2 chopped up WHITE onions

2 cauliflowers

2 peeled potatoes

2 cups of sugar

2 cups of flour

1 drop of humans blood.

What is this? This sounds like a terrible recipe. Why are all these foods grouped together? I wonder why you need a drop of human blood. Weird. Marshall opens the drive side of his door and gets in the car. We drive off to my house, but then he pulls to the side of the road.

"Why did we stop?" I ask him.

He sits there for a minute before speaking," Fionna... I.... I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Don't you get it? This is now a more harder task to hide. I though one was hard, but two is to much," he said.

"What do you think we should do then?" I ask.

"I don't know. I think what ever you have for the babies we should keep at my house, so we can be prepared when they are born. Here's the thing, it's to dangerous for you to give birth to two babies. You have to go to a hospital, Mason can't deliver them," he said.

"Oh glob, this whole thing is spiraling out of control," I said.

" Look I know this is hard for all of us to take in, but we can't just sit here and wait for them to come. Soon your stomach will get bigger and people may start to notice, but we can hide them. Mason said that you will not be showing until it is about a month before they are born. Until then we just have to stay low with this and gather up as much stuff as we can. Fionna, I want to have these kids with you and no one else. Fionna, don't worry we'll make it through this. We're both strong," he said.

I stayed there for minute until I said," Thanks Marshall, I want to have these kids with you too. I'm just afraid that people will find out, but with us two together we can figure this out and everything will be ok."

"Now let's get you home before your sister gets worried about you," Marshall said.

We roll back on to the road and we head towards my house. Marshall stops three houses down from my house so that way Cake will not see his car and questions me.

"I wish I could drop you off closer to your house, but we know that Cake will ask who dropped you off," Marshall said.

"Yeah I know," I said,"By the way the recipe that Mason gave to me doesn't make any sense."

He laughs a little and said," Well all those foods have something in common, they're all white. So when the drop of human blood is added to the mixture those white food will turn red and I will be safe for you to eat and the babies. The babies will get nutrients out of the food and you will feel a lot better. It would be better if you are more red foods that way they could get some nutrients out of that. The recipe might taste bad so drink at your know risk."

"Haha ok," I said.

I look at Marshall and Marshall looks at me. I smile at him and he copies what I do. I lean in to kiss him and he kisses me back. I kiss him until I'm out of breath. I pull back and I got out of the car. We say our goodbyes and I walk towards my house, but then I hear his car coming up to me.

"Hey Fionna," He calls from his car.

I turn around and ask," What?"

"I love you," he said.

Smile girl grew on my face and I said," I love you to."

He drives off leaving me wondering, Why I am so happy when I just had some bad news?