SEVEN

SEVEN

"That's how he got in?" Corey asked as he, Scott, Liam, Mason and I stand looking up at our roof. There were black cracks that lead into one black nothing on the roof.

"What is it?" Liam asked, thinking the same thing that I was thinking.

"It's a point of impact from a lightning strike," Mason explained. At least we have someone with the brains. I mean, I'm smart, but I'm just tired at the moment. "Usually you'd find charred spots like that on the ground after a violent thunderstorm."

"That's how the Ghost Rider got in. He rode lighting." Scott figured out. Okay, so my brother has the brains now, too. I swear I'm getting dumber and dumber by the second.

Scott looked at me, I nodded, it definitely made sense though. He then looked over at Liam. "If they can use lighting to get past the mountain ash..."

"No place is safe," I finished. Yes, your girl is catching up.

"What about the others? It's my fault that they're marked." Corey said.

"We'll find a way to protect them," my brother promised them. That's a big promise to keep, Scotty boy. He looked at me, and we made eye contact. "All of them,"

"It's a relic," Lydia explained to us as Scott holds the library card of a missing student who was taken by the Ghost Riders. Malia was here, too. We were standing outside our lockers during school.

"What's a relic?" Malia asked.

"An object with fixed associations to the past," Lydia explained. "Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken. And Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bedroom floor."

"How can someone be erased, and still leave something behind?" Malia asked.

"A conservation of mass," Lydia said. We all looked at her. "A total mass of any isolated system remains constant."

"So, even a Ghost Riders' have a weakness," Scott said.

"A relic would be proof that Stiles existed," I say, taking the card from Lydia and looked down at Jake's library card.

"And maybe we can bring him back," Scott added.

I bit on my lower lip as everyone walked away when the bell rings. I

Scott and I enter the library together, hearing an argument between Mason and Liam. It went something like this.

"We need to hide them,"

"We need to fight them,"

"We need to hide them,"

"We need to fight them,"

"Who's them?" I asked, interrupting their conversation and they looked at us from their table that they sat on.

"The Ghost Riders," Liam said.

"The kids at the party," Mason said quickly after.

"Got it," Scott said afterward.

"We could get a lightning rod. Attract the Ghost Riders and catch them off guard." Liam explained.

"But since everyone from the party is in danger, all we need to do is find a safe place to hide them until the storm passes," Mason explained his situation.

"The Ghost Riders ride lighting. Nowhere is safe." Liam said.

"It is if we're underground. The Earth can ground he lighting's electrical charge." Mason explained. "Everyone would be safe."