Chapter 3: Choosing Sides

Race's POV

I sat at Jack's kitchen table, Zack across from me the early morning after we declared war.

"We're going with Jack right?" I asked.

"Yeah without a doubt." Zack answered.

We both saw Riley walk out the front door.

"Sean's team." I said.

"Yep." Zack agreed.

Riley still owed Jack money, and the rivalry was becoming heated, so the war was perfect for the two of them to end the bet once and for all.

"Hey." Ruby said, coming downstairs.

"What are you thinking Rubes?" I asked.

"Honestly, Sean. Connor and I bonded over powers, and I think Jack and Danny shouldn't have blamed Sean." Ruby answered.

Just then, Edwin and Ivan came in from the front door just as Rei and Kitana awoke, screeching after finding themselves kissing.

"Who are you guys thinking again?" Ruby asked the two brothers as Jack jolted awake.

"Jack. We have to." Edwin said, getting three pieces of toast as Rei and Kitana apologized for kissing each other as Jack just shook his head.

"Right, we've got J's back." Ivan said, stealing one of Edwin's three pieces of toast.

Edwin glared at his younger brother, Ivan smiled innocently.

Ruby snickered, grabbed milk, and ran upstairs, milk not spilt once.

"Hey guys." We all turned, and Weiss walked in.

"Hey Weiss. You're going with Danny right?" Ivan asked, Weiss nodded.

Before Ivan could steal Edwin's second toast, Omar walked in, followed by the HG Crew, and Hera as the three on the couch went upstairs.

"Jack?" Zack asked Omar.

"Jack." Omar nodded his head.

"Kat? Enobaria?" Weiss asked, Katniss sighed.

"I'm going with Sean." The Mockingjay said.

"I'm going with Jack. Sean screwed up." Baria said; Katniss gave her a look, but said nothing.

We all looked at Cashmere and Clove.

"As am I." Cashmere said, Edwin nodded as Ivan stole his second toast, earning another glare from his brother, and a snicker from Zack and Omar.

"I'm with Katniss. Always. I'm on Sean's team." Clove said, Katniss smiled at her.

"Hera?" Omar asked the Queen of the Gods.

Hera sighed.

"I have a boyfriend on either side. Luke was my first, but Connor and I have gotten closer lately, Connor needs me. I guess I'll choose Connor." Hera said.

"We may be enemies in a day or two." Weiss said to Kat, Hera, and Clove, who nodded.

"All I can say is, good luck guys." Baria said, and she and Cashmere walked upstairs, Omar, Katniss, Clove, and Hera behind them.

Edwin, now only having one toast, went upstairs, Ivan behind him, a smirk on his face.

Weiss nodded to both of us, and went up.

"This war is going to be insane." I said.

"Yeah." Zack said, nodding. "Yeah, it is."

Rey's POV