Chapter 12- Adrian black

I had arrived in work early today, it was now Monday the 3rd. After yesterday's events, I needed to clear my head slightly, so I headed to the gym this morning. It's almost my break in about 20 minutes or so. I pour my coffee in the staff room but somehow manage to splash it all over my new white long sleeved polo neck top and it's see through, which is just great.

A familiar voice echoes behind me, faint laughter is ringing through the room. It's Adrian. The guy who helped me yesterday. I furrow my eyebrows as I turned around with my arms crossed, so i don't flash him my bra. That would be highly inappropriate, seeing as I've only just met him and I don't know him. He had a huge grin on his face as I try to blow the hair out of my face. My fringe is frizzy and the clip falls out, which was holding it to the side.

I almost quite angrily let out a sigh and he says cheekily "not your day today is it, cutie"
I squint and cock my head to the left and say. "If you don't mind, I've somewhere to be, so if you would gladly move that would be great."
I say pulling my red, velvet skirt down. I adjust my shirt and walk out. But he stops me in my tracks.

He tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear and smiles before letting me past. He smelled like a mixture of mint and a woody musk. He was peculiar and I wanted to get to know him already. I then continued to whizz through lots of work and Veronica wants to see me before I leave for the day and go food shopping.

The sound of my chunky platform pumas clunks through the long stretch of the corridor to her office full of glass panels. I pull the chair out as she politely greets me and signals towards the water machine for a drink. I pour myself a glass of water and take a seat. "Hello Veronica, to what do i owe you this visit, today." I say mannerly. She gives a quick smile and continues.

I've not seen her since the week of my break up with you know who. She seems upbeat and chirpy. More than usual, but that's when I noticed her belly was in a small bump shape. She must be pregnant. She was by no means an older lady. I'd say late 30's at the most. She was a stunning lady. Long blonde hair, beautiful hazel eyes with long eyelashes and freckles specked on her nose and cheeks. She had a beaming smile on her face.

She proceeded to say. "Maria, I very much appreciate you at my firm and I was wondering if you be interested in having a writing assistant?"
I somewhat puzzled by this. An assistant for me? I thought. I wasn't completely sure of the idea if I'm honest. I didn't think I had enough competence. She explained what it would involve and i was happy with the offer. I politely accepted with a hand shake and was told Id meet them tomorrow.

I clicked my shoes together and headed back to my office. I passed by Cassie and gave her great big smile and told her about the offer and she was really happy for me. I was really nervous as the conference was now only a week away. Never the less, the day nearly came to a close and started planning the remainder of my un speech.

The speech was in Geneva, Switzerland. So I fly out on Sunday with my company and Cassie sadly doesn't get to come. But, I'll give her updates all the time.