Chapter 24

I woke up from my nap, it was 2:00pm. It was day three, the third day I spent laying around in my bed. I feel so dead. So useless. I haven't talked to anyone since the Red Robin scene. I shut my phone off, I'm practically starving myself, and luckily I have a bathroom in my room. I couldn't take this feeling, not knowing what happened.. not knowing if I've been raped or not. Not knowing if I can call it rape, because I was drugged. Would I have liked it? It's the scariest feeling.

I finally got out of bed and threw away the cracker and poptart wrapers I've eaten the past few days. I can't lay in bed for four days straight. I had been wearing spandex and a oversized t-shirt for pj's. I put pants over and changed my shirt, put a sweater on , put on shoes, my hair up in a ponytail and shoved my phone in my pocket. I found myself taking a walk, clearing my head.

I had come to realize that there had been alot on my mind lately. Xavier's crazy ass, my mom dating his dad, Thirsha being MIA.. she hasn't been around much, and Carter.. I couldn't stop thinking of Carter.

I realized these past few days I had been shutting the world out, nothing new, something I've done before. The fact that I was doing it though made me think of Carter. He always gets so mad at me trying to explain that I actually have alot of people who care yet I still think there's no one.. but now I know I really do have someone to run to in my time of need, him. I grabbed my phone out my pocket, turned it on to see if I had any messages from Carter. I looked around the neighborhood and noticed this man on his porch starring at me, like he knew me or had seen me before. I didn't get the best look at his face because I turned around out of fear of a strange man starring.

When I turned on my phone I had 37 unread messages and about 20 missed calls. I read one of the messages my eyes widened and I ran home.

From Lissa : Thrisha called me, and I'll be there tomorrow by 3:00pm.

The text was from yesterday and it was from my sister. My sister was here in Los Angeles to see me! I haven't seen her in years, since she moved to New York. I saw her getting out her car from down the block, I sprinted to my driveway and pretty much tackled her. " MELISSAAA! " I screamed.

" MELANIEEE! " She screamed back.

" I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! " We both said inunison.

Melissa is practically like my best friend. She's literally the best sister in the world. Melissa has long brown hair, brown eyes, wore a purple shirt and light blue jeans.

We went inside and talked for hours about everything thats happened everything she missed, everything I missed. " New York sounds like a beautiful place you should really take me sometime! " I told her. When the door bell rung, Melissa offered to get it.

Melissa opened the door and I couldn't see who it was until she moved out the way. It had been Carter in a Tux. " I'm taking you to that dance Mel. " Carter said as Melissa invited him in.

I looked at the time, it had been 6:00pm and the dance starts at 7:00. I honestly didn't think we were really going to go but since he went through the trouble I decided I wouldn't disappoint him. " I better get ready then. " I said running upstairs.

As I went through my closet deciding on what to wear, I saw a dress in the back of my closet with a tag on it. " I had forgotten I had this. " I said to myself. I took a shower which took about 20 minutes and then put on my dress. I went in the bathroom and curled my hair and wore black laced heels. By the time I was done I had 10 minutes to spare.

I walked downstairs holding onto the rail afraid of falling down in my heels. I had been wearing a white strapless dress with a lace pattern over the upper half of my body, the lower half had a black slip under while the white of my dress split in half and blew in the wind from the breeze of open windows. Carter and Melissa had been talking and he almost froze the moment he looked up at me.

The look on his face was indescribable, I couldn't tell if the look on his face was good or bad. " What? " I asked him.

" You look.. you look beautiful Mel. " He was so in shock and so was I, he had called me beautiful before in a way but this was the first time I heard the words leave his lips.. his perfect lips may I add. I blushed at his words and just starred at my shoes.

" You guys look adorable. " Melissa said taking millions of off guard pictures.

" Smile! Hug! Hold hands something! " She said getting ready to take her next picture.

I wrapped both my arms around him, going across his sides and locked my fingers together while his arm was wrapped around my shoulder. He starred down at me and smiled and I smiled back at him. " I think tonights gonna be pretty fun, since you've only ever been to one dance in your entire life, I'm gonna make this one the best. " Carter told me.

~~

We got to the dance and it was beautiful.

I had never seen so many lights, last year was nothing like this. When we got there I managed to spot Matt and Jack which ment Thrisha and Lexi were somewhere.

" Well zayum! " It had to be Cameron. His voice was so recognizable. I didn't know why he was there though, Cameron had been two years older than the rest of us. He already graduated, he usually only came to the school because he worked there as a teacher assistant and just happened to make friends.

" Look at the cute couple! " Cam said referring to us.

" Aha what are you doing here Cam? " Jack asked.

" Chaperoning you kids thats what! " Cam said jokingly.

The the song Stay With Me by Sam Smith had cut on. " May I have this dance? " Carter asked putting out his hand. I just smiled, nodded, and grabbed his hand.

He held me tight, I could feel his heart fastly beat. Carter must have been nervous.  Carter had both arms wrapped around my waist as mine were wrapped around his neck. The smell of his cologne had been so addictive, I had my face shoved in his neck just smelling him for who knows how long.

We moved swiftly around the room, dancing side to side in circles. I closed my eyes letting him lead me. Not a word was spoken but I felt like a million were said in this moment. Then it was time to announce king and queen of the dance, Carter and I let go of one another and he smiled at me.. a different kind of smile. The kind of smile that makes you melt inside.

I had spotted Thirsha and Lexi. " Hey, I'll be back. I'm gonna go say hi. " I said walking off smiling at him. " Don't be to long! " Carter told me.

I walked over to Thirsha and Lexi and we hugged and talked for a while.