Chapter 24

When everyone was done I started cleaning the dining room. Others who were apparently paid to clean this place came to help but I sent them away and told them I'd be done in half an hour if they wanted to check. They didn't seem to believe I could but I knew if I wasn't doing it slowly I'd be done in a quarter of that time. When I was done I looked around and watched it sparkle.

"Katie what are you doing?" I looked up and smiled at John.

"I couldn't help it. Now that I'm not forced to it's the only thing that helps me feel normal."

"Then you should come clean my room Jake, Cam and Angelo are pigs." I laughed "Ok so am I but still."

" Don't tell Marcus."

"Are you serious I was playing but if you really want to I won't stop you?"

"Like I said don't let Marcus." I walked past him and when I reached the door." Well are you coming or am I appose to guess what room your in." He caught up. Jake and Angelo were not happy being kicked out of there room. Jake was even more angry that I was cleaning in the first place. I made John sit in the corner. If I go down he is coming with me.

"So Katie can I leave now?"

"No."

"Why not?" I shook my head.

"I wasn't telling  you a minute ago why would I now?"

"Cause you fell deeply in love with me in that minute?"

"Try again."

"Um.. how about Marcus is coming and he'd kill me?"

"That's why I wanted you here." I said with an evil smile planted on my face. He jumped up and slide along my floor leaving a streak on my newly cleaned floor. "John!"

"Sorry!" He said pulling the door open on a surprised and angry Marcus.

"Liar." I grabbed the rag and rubbed the streak til it was shining again. I walked back to the bed and went to finish it but I was yanked backwards. "Ow." 

"Katie what are you doing?"

"Marcus hand off."

"No what are you doing?" His hand tightened on my arm I yelped in pain then all of a sudden his hand was gone. I looked down to find a bruise forming. My eyes widened and I spun around but before I could tell him off I saw him slump on the floor. 

"Thanks John." The tears were spilling before I could stop them.

"Come on Katie I'll walk you to your room." I shook my head no.

"I need to let it out get some of the guards and warn them that they may get hurt but I heal anything that I caused." He nodded and pulled a cell phone out. We ran into Demetri and Jake on the way out and they stopped us.

"Katie who left that on your arm?" Demetri spoke up as Jake fought for control. I shook my head no that's all Jake needed.

"I'll kill him!" Demetri stared at Jake like he lost his mind which I guess he had.

"Kill who?" Jake tried to take off but John grabbed him and whispered something in his ear. Jake nodded then looked at me.

"Come on Katie lets go dual." I nodded. We dueled the rest of the night and they decided to walk me to my room. John left with a hug but Jake just stood there. I gave him a look.

"I'm staying Katie." He stated it so there was no arguing and honestly I don't think I could if he tried. I decided I'm just going to sleep in my clothes and Jake went to the couch tonight. I was almost asleep when there was a knock from down stairs I went to get up but Jake blocked the way.

"Katie I know your up." Marcus yelled I could hear Jake's skin start to sizzle so I didn't move forward. "Katie I just want to talk you shouldn't have been cleaning and you know that." I was pissed by that and I shoved Jake ignoring the burns on my hands I stepped over him and stomped downstairs. I opened up the door and he must of saw something on my face cause he closed his mouth.

"First of all I can do whatever I want you can't tell me not to do something. Secondly it makes me feel normal it's something I did my whole life and it's the only thing that hasn't changed." I must of raised my hand cause he caught it with wide eyes and stared at the bruise.

"Ka.... Katie did I do this?" I yanked my hand out of his grasp and turned around.

"Good night Marcus." He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Katie I didn't mean to hurt you. That's the whole reason why I don't like you cleaning. I just don't want you to feel like you have to and I just want you to forget about it. Katie I'm sorry."

"Well I'm sorry to because I won't forget it made me me and right now I can barely stand being here so I'm going back to sleep." I turned around to see Jake coming into sight Marcys must of to.

"Your sleeping with him? Alone?"

"Shut up Marcus I trust him and right now that's more then I can say for others." With that I pressed the button closing the door. As soon as it shut I fell and Jake caught me. He carried me to my bed and laid me down. When I stopped crying he went to leave but I put my hand on his arm. "You don't have to sleep on the couch if you don't want to." He nodded and laid back down. He pulled me closer and I stiffened.

"Geesh Katie I'm not putting the moves on you, your like my sister. I'm just trying to comfort you." I nodded and relaxed. It wasn't long til I fell asleep. 

....... 

I woke up at the crack of dawn and slowly pulled away from Jake. I walked over to my kitchen and went to cooking. I made eggs sausage pancakes toast and hash browns. I then pulled orange juice and poured to cups. I noticed Jake was now awake and brought our stuff over on a tray.

"You know this will be the first meal your actually letting me eat." He had wide eager eyes and I couldn't help but laugh at as I shoved the plate at him. He started eating and every bite came a moan.

"Jake don't you dare make a mess on my bed or I'm going on a cooking strike." He caught on to the double meaning.

"It's not my fault your food turns me on Katie." He said this still stuffing his face.

"John was right you are a pig."

"I'll go beat John up when I'm done eating."

"No you won't."

"Your right I'll be to depressed to." I got up to go change laughing. When I walked out I was wearing a pair of super skinny jeans black stilettos a black half jacket and a grey T-shit that said 'I Know I'm A Bitch Deal With It." and a pair of black sun glasses on my head . I also had my hair up in a messy pony tail.

"God Katie your looking to hot today."

"I didn't feel like wearing sweats."

"You use to dress this way before you meet me?"

"Yep"

"Good thing or you wouldn't of been like a sister to me." I glared at him.

"I'm going to go get Ashley and see if she wants out of this place."

"Can I come?"

"If you can get either John or Lucas to come to."

"Deal meet you in half an hour." He ran out the door.

When I stepped out I saw Jake and John running towards their room. Great now to find Ashley.