Temper: Deference by @Lila-Mina

As per promised, the PCA and Book of the Year title winner will each receive a fabulous new book trailer. Check out this amazing trailer made by the amazing aflyingwhale.

Here is the full exclusive interview with author Lila-Mina on her winning book, "Temper: Deference"

1. Hi, how are you? How'd you feel about winning the Book of the Year title?

A: I'm doing great! How couldn't I be, with such a wonderful news? I truly didn't expect it. It was already a blast to be picked as Best Romance winner in one of the rounds, but overall winner? With so many great stories competing with Deference? It's humbling.

2. Can you tell us one random fact about you?

A: Random fact: I'm a French native speaker who lives in Japan.

3. So, what inspired you to write your winning book?

A: Ever since I've moved to Japan, I've felt my writing creativity coming back, after a very long void period (as in, fifteen years). I wanted to write a story taking place here, combining aspects that are typical of Japan (martial arts, traditions, culture, philosophy, religion), with a very different kind of take on romance, on top of a supernatural twist ('supernatural' being almost par for the course here given how Japanese people view their environment). Deference is Book one of my Temper saga, so I hope everyone giving it a chance will feel like reading all of it.

4. What are your dreams/aspirations for the near future?

A: I'm working on preparing the self-published version of my Temper saga. I'm making a website, preparing covers I can use commercially, gathering followers and I will soon launch a Goodread pre-release campaign to collect reviewes, with the goal of publishing Book 1 at the end of the year on Amazon, followed by the other books every 4-6 weeks or so. Yes people, I'm going 'public'!

5. Any advice to new/struggling writers out there? Or any advice to people reading this interview in general?

A: Never give up! Writing is a craft. You need to practice to get better. Write, write, write and don't feel shy about sharing it. Getting feedback, finding beta readers, reviewers, critique partners is the key to improve your writing and find your style. More importantly, write the story you want to read. Don't think about tropes, genres or what readers expect or what the 'market' wants these days. Do your thing. If you put passion into it, readers will feel it. 頑張ってください!

 頑張ってください!