PROLOGUE

A/N: This is a finished story that I have published on WIT but since I already deleted my WIT account, I'm editing and republishing the story here, with a few plot changes. 

Since WIT is an app where the story is in chat format, there would be a lot of parts in the story in chat/text/message format.

YT links that Im putting are just suggestions on bg music while you're reading for a better atmosphere.

---

"This is why I told you not to be too hasty", my friend, Yeojoo, nagged at me the other line. 

"Don't worry too much, I'm sure I'll find an apartment by the end of the day. I've been contacting a lot of owners too. Plus, I can still stay at the hotel until the end of the week, based on my budget", I reassured her and she just sighed soullessly.

"Right, I'll trust in you. Call me if something happens".

"Nothing will happen. Don't worry. I'm completely well here".

That is a lie. A blatant one. I bit my lower lip as I discreetly checked the contents of my wallet. I have roughly 200,000 KRW to last me for the week, and it most definitely won't cover the hotel expenses. 

Maybe Yeojoo was right, maybe going to Seoul was a wrong move? Should I have just stayed at Busan like my mom insisted?

I mentally slapped myself. No, I came here to follow my dream of becoming a painter, I can't give up now.

I tried to strengthen myself when my phone suddenly rang and a message notification popped out. 

-

UNKNOWN: [AD] Are you looking for affordable apartments in Seoul, South Korea? Contact +82 12 8384 0716 for a cheap 100,000 KRW per month! No down payments needed!

-

"Omigod, a spam mail", I mumbled as I absentmindedly closed the message, I was about to delete it when I realized the content. I opened the message again and after repeatedly reading it again and again, I foolishly took the bait.

With desperate and trembling fingers, I pressed the number and sent a message.

-

YOU: Good evening, are you still looking for people to rent your apartment?

UNKNOWN: ...

UNKNOWN: Hijmdvnbvkjdsv

YOU: I'm sorry, what?

UNKNOWN: You... can read my messages?

YOU: Uhm, yes? About the apartment, 

UNKNOWN: You can really read my messages?!??!!?dkjc

YOU: I am inquiring about the apartment. 

I want to rent a room. Can you please forward me the address?

UNKNOWN: OH MAHHH YAH... YOU CAN REALLY READ MY MESSAGES...

UNKNOWN: YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME!!

YOU: I think I contacted the wrong number... Sorry...

UNKNOWN: What?! NO! No! You are looking for an apartment right? There are lots of vacant rooms here! *attachment: address link*

YOU: Oh? That's actually close to my university!

UNKNOWN: Perfect! You can move in tomorrow!

YOU: How about the deposit payment?

UNKNOWN: We can talk about trivial things like that tomorrow! 

YOU: ... trivial?

UNKNOWN: You're not taking it?

YOU: I am! I am!!! I'll message you tomorrow morning to follow up!

UNKNOWN: Wow, I'm really talking to a person...

-

I stared at the last message in confusion. My gut feeling was telling me not to trust this person but my wallet is clearly stating the fact that I have no choice. I didn't want to trouble my parents who already spent half of their retirement payment on my medical fees.

I headed to the hotel I am staying in to arrange my things for tomorrow's move.