5- I Get A Bad Case Of This-Can't-Be-Real-Itis

Livy

"So, welcome to Camp I guess," Sally Thalia said as we walked away from my mother and the other adults, "it's Olivia right?"

"Yeah, but everyone calls me Livy," I said, looking around the strange valley that surrounded me.

"Well, I'm Sally Thalia, but call me S.T," she grinned, "I'm a Legacy of Poseidon. You know who Poseidon is right?"

"Is he that one with the trident and the fishtail?"

"He's the god of the sea yes," S.T laughed.

"What do you mean legacy?" I frowned.

"Well, you met my parents Percy and Annabeth. My mum is a daughter of Athena, dad is a son of Poseidon, so I'm a legacy of Poseidon."

"What about Athena? She's a too goddess right why aren't you a legacy of Athena?" I frowned.

"Legacies of two gods tend to have a biased towards one or the other, I'm a legacy of Poseidon because I inherited Poseidon's powers. My older brother Freddie is a legacy of Athena," S.T explained. 

"Huh," I frowned, regarding the farmhouse that overlooked the valley, which for some reason had been pained green.

"That's the big house," S.T said, following my gaze, "Chiron stays there and that's where we keep all the books and the spoils of war."

"Why is it green?" I asked.

S.T shrugged, "I guess Chiron likes green."

She turned her attention away from the house looked out over the camp.

"Over there is the lake," she pointed, "there's the climbing wall, the dining pavilion, the arena, the archery range," she continued to point things out as she named them, "the woods, the cabins and that there, that's New Athens."

"New Athens?" I frowned looking at the shining city that S.T had gestured to which was nestled beside the lake.

"It's where demigods can go and live once they're too old for camp. It's much safer than out in the mortal world where demigods are vulnerable to monsters. There's a university, cafes, shops, pretty much anything that a demigod could want." S.T said, grinning at the stunned expression on my face.

"Woa." I murmured, "how are you so cool with all of this? It's crazy!"

"Well, I grew up with it all, but I can see why you think it's crazy." S.T began making her way down the hill towards the rest of the camp, "c'mon I'll show you around a bit more."

As S.T showed me around the camp more, I became more and more convinced that I must be suffering from some sort of psychotic episode. It wasn't possible that gods and goddesses could exist in the world. Monsters and demigods were the stuff of nightmares, not of reality.

"That's the hearth of Hestia," S.T gestured to a crackling fire pit as we passed it.

"I think I'm going to throw up," I declared, just before I did just that beside the hearth of Hestia.

"That is disgusting," S.T declared, "Tom isn't that disgusting."

"I am not a part of this," I heard someone reply.

I hugged my stomach and groaned.

"Well, I guess that now would be a good time to show you the infirmary then," S.T grabbed my arm and guided me towards what I could only assume was the infirmary.

"Hi Uncle Will," S.T said happily.

"Ah S.T what interesting injury have you gotten yourself today?" a man's voice asked.

"I've bought you a vomiting newbie," S.T said, placing me down on a bed.

"Hello," I waved weakly, "can someone please pinch me?"

S.T did just as I asked, and pinched me hard on the arm, "what did that help."

"Nothing," I groaned, "I just hoped that it would wake me up from what clearly is a nightmare, but maybe I'll just have to try harder to wake up."

"Ah, she's got a case of this-can't-be-real-itis," the man said in an understanding tone, "this is very common with new demigods, don't worry I have the cure right here."

The man slapped me sharply across the face.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas/Holiday!
Remember to vote, comment and let me know what your favourite present was! -mine is Hamilton tickets ;)
~Em xx