40| "kiss me like that"

I huffed and chased Brad out of the diner as quickly as I could after an apology to the table. I couldn't see where he'd gone but I had a clue that he went around the back entrance because that's where people usually go to escape from drama or just life in general. Seeing a mop of brown curls dart around the corner I picked up my pace ensuring that I didn't lose where he went. Slowly, walking towards him he looked at me with an emotionless glare, I leaned myself against the wall waiting until he spoke—I wasn't going to pry it out of him if he didn't want to talk about it. The silence was way too loud to bare, he didn't even want to make eye contact with me his eyes stayed fixated on the gravel.

"Brad?" I spoke softly but keeping my distance the best I could. "What?" He snapped making me jump back slightly, I had no idea what was wrong with him I couldn't read minds, I just wanted him to know that I was here for him. "What's wrong?" I asked placing my hand on his arm gently, his head tilted to look at me. "Nothing." He stated, I rolled my eyes and stood in front of him ensuring that he couldn't go anywhere.

"Brad? Seriously you can tell me, I'm not going to judge you." I said honestly, his eyes once again made contact with mine but no words escaped his mouth he only turned his head to look back at the ground making me sigh. "It's not like you'd care anyway." He said with harshness in his tone. "If I didn't care do you think I'd have followed you out here to ask you if you're okay?" I asked quizzically, it's not like I had to come out here and speak to him to make sure he was doing okay, and it's not as if anyone else bothered to move.

He chose not to reply yet again, I was used to being ignored because no one cares enough to care about anyone else or no one cares enough to care about what anyone else has to say. Maybe I was doing the wrong thing coming out here to confront him about what was wrong.

"Silent treatment, nice." I mumbled to myself as his vision was still fixated on the ground it was like he was deep in thought or ignorance, maybe he was just not in the mood to speak—I get that, we all have bad days. "It's just you." He said so quietly I could barely hear him, I had no clue what I had done so wrong but then again I've always done something. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion "and that Ash guy." He added with a slight scowl. "What about him?" I asked clearly confused as to why he had an issue with Ash and I.

"You just seem to like each other." He shrugged and looked to the side. "Of course we do, it wouldn't be good if we didn't get on," I said with a smile, it was natural to get along with your 'co-star' otherwise things would be pretty awkward throughout especially since it's a romantic play.

"You don't get it do yo-" he spoke but got cut off by my sudden burst of confidence, my lips collided with his. It took him a moment to realise what had just happened before he kissed back, his hand traveled to my waist and he pulled me closer to him the warmth of his grip igniting a million feels within. Gradually, I pulled away with a small smile on my face which was symmetrical to the one on Brads, I smiled one last time then walked back into the building. In all honestly I had no idea what came over me I would never be the first person to make a move or to kindle up a kiss because that thought scared me.

-

"Zara!" I heard a echoing voice sound from behind me as I was making my way to the hall for rehearsals, I turned around to see Brad stood there and my cheeks immediately turned red at the remembrance of what I did not long ago—it's not like it was major nor was it bad it just felt foreign to me. "Cheers for earlier," he smirked making me cover my face with my hair in embarrassment "Yeah, sorry about that." I said faintly. "Don't apologise it was. . . Hot." He said with that all too familiar smirk, I whacked him playfully on the arm causing him to howl, it wasn't that funny but sure.

"Seriously, you should kiss me like that more often," he spoke cheekily with a flirtatious wink causing me to roll my eyes jokingly. "In your dreams, it was a one off," I dismissed him knowing that it would wind him up on the inside—well, I didn't know I could only assume that it would. "Anyway lovely speaking to you but I've got a lesson to get to," I said in mock sarcasm and picked up my pace

"See you soon!" He called and turned down the corridor to his class. He was really something else, don't get me wrong I liked Brad because he was a good guy, he was funny and he could always take a joke but I feel like I'm not good enough for him—I'm not saying I stand a chance with him because he's gorgeous and I'm definitely not but say. . . Metaphorically we got together I would be like the toad on his arm instead of something he can 'show off'. Zara just quit thinking about it and rehearse.

11/11/18