II

Max couldn't help himself but replay the scene in his head. He had made Neil cry because of his dumbass potion. Why the hell did he have to be such a dick to everyone around him- Wait, more importantly, why the fuck did Max give a shit? He never did before, why does he now?! The dark headed boy groaned and grabbing the cheap pillow, slamming his bright red face into it. He couldn't possibly have a crush on him... Could he..? No, no way. Why would he like him? He's just a nerd who complains about every little thing... So why did he care so much about his feelings? Now that he thought about it, Neil was pretty adorable in his own way. His bright blue eyes that sparkled like jewels, his brown curly hair that looked soft to the touch, his pale skin which was covered in bruises and dirt from the amount of times he had fallen and gotten attacked by animals. Max felt himself giggle and immediately hated how it sounded. God he just... couldn't help himself.

Meanwhile, Neil was still trying to figure out a proper mixture for his potion. He was still pretty broken-hearted from how much Max thought his idea was stupid. Just the thought of it made his eyes water. Neil soon heard footsteps walking toward him and tensed up, quickly wiping away tears. His heart raced due to social anxiety and fear of saying something wrong. Max walked up to him and sat down next to him. "Oh.. Hey Max.." He murmured, gulping. The dark skinned kid rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh.. Hey.. Sorry about laughing at you and shit. It was just funny in the moment I guess?" He said, whispering "Not that it still isn't," under his breath. Max cleared his throat. "Anyways, point is, I'm sorry. It wasn't meant to upset you. I was just poking fun at you for being a big nerd." He snickered, patting Neil's back. The brunette's cheeks flushed and he smiled. "Thanks.."
"Don't mention it."