Chapter 34

Jordan's POV

I wasn't as tired as Taylor so I didn't sleep for long. I think that the stuff with his family was starting to wear on him more than he let on because he had looked exhausted all day. This meant that I didn't want to wake him, instead I pulled my phone and started to muck around on it.

I hadn't been awake long when I heard the door open and I was slightly surprised. I was guessing that it was probably his parents despite the fact Taylor's wasn't expecting them home for another a few days.

"Who are you?" his Mother asked.

"I'm Jordan. I'm on Taylor's football team," I said.

"And why are you curled up with my son on our couch?" his Father asked.

"Because he is my boyfriend," Taylor whispered from beside me.

I didn't even know that he was awake so I was slightly surprised but it made me smile.

His parents were standing there in shocked silence as the two of us sat up on the couch.

"Since when do you have a boyfriend?" his Mom asked.

"Since not long after Thanksgiving," Taylor explained.

"And why didn't you tell us?"

"You don't get to lecture me about not telling you things after everything you don't tell me," Taylor protested.

"And since when are you gay?" his Dad asked.

"Is that going to be a problem?"

The slight pause wasn't a straight confirmation but it wasn't a strong no either. Taylor offered a weak smile and I knew that I had to take charge of this situation and stop this from hurting Taylor more.

"Since you aren't being supportive parents Taylor is going to come and stay with me for some time," I told him.

They tried to protest this but I wrapped an arm around Taylor before leading him out. I grabbed our bags and we left his house. He didn't say anything the whole drive around to my house and I was glad that my Mom noticed that something was wrong because she didn't say and let me bring him into my room.

It wasn't until we were curled back up, on my bed, that he started to cry. It seriously hurt me to see this and there was nothing that I could do about it. Instead I had to rub his back and listen to him cry.

"Why can't my parents be like your Mom?" he asked between sobs.

"They didn't outright say anything homophobic," I tried to be optimistic.

Taylor huffed slightly, clearly not believing it and he didn't say anything else. Slowly his sobs stopped and his breathing even out as he fell asleep, still clearly exhausted. I slipped out of bed without waking him and went in search of my Mom.

I found her sitting in the lounge and I took a seat opposite her.

"His parents came home and while they weren't homophobic when they found out but they didn't say anything so I just had to get him out of there," I explained.

She moved so that she was sitting beside me and wrapped an arm around me.

"You did the right thing by getting him out of there. Remind him that he can stay as long as he wants," she told me.

I still felt like there was something that I could have done. I didn't stay up much later, instead going to bed and curling back up around Taylor.

When I next woke light was streaming in and I could instantly tell that it was much later than I would usually get up. Taylor was still asleep so I crawled out of bed and found Mom in the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I asked blearily.

"Almost ten, both you must have been tired," she smiled, into her cup.

"How come you didn't wake us for school?" I asked.

"I thought that you two could do with the day off so I called the school. Then called your Coach and told him that you would still likely be at training this afternoon," she told me.

I nodded and since I didn't have anywhere to be for hours I crawled back into bed again. Taylor was still asleep which surprised me slightly since he had now been sleep for well over 12 hours but I left him asleep.

It was well after 12 by the time Taylor woke up. I realised just how far gone for him I was when I watched him wake and how cute he was when he scrunched his face and blinked a couple of times.

"What time is it?" he asked softly.

"After 12. Mom got us the day off school so we have time," I told him.

He nodded and rolled over slightly so his head was resting on my chest.

"Thanks, are we going to training?" he asked.

"Yeah, it'll be good to do some exercise. Anyway, I'm finally to get up and have a shower," I told him.

He nodded and seemed quite reluctant to get out of bed so I went and had a shower and by the time I got back Taylor hadn't made it up yet.

"I'll be making lunch in the kitchen when you bother to get up," I told him, kissing his forehead.

He laughed but didn't follow me out of the room. Mom had left for work at some point, meaning we were the only ones left in the place. I was most of the way though making sandwiches by the time Taylor dragged himself out of my room to join me.

"How are you feeling today?" he asked.

He just shrugged and moved to sit in front of me.

"I think I'm going to wait a couple of days before talking to them and hopefully that once they have had a bit of time it will be better," he told me.

"Just tell me if you want me to be there."

He nodded and for the rest of the day before training we spent the time relaxing. And it was nice to just get the chance to spend time with Taylor even if it had come from a bad situation. I just wanted him to be alright.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One