CHAPTER FOUR

NATALIE ANDERSON

The last school bell rang, signaling it was finally time to leave this hell hole. I was, for the first time in my life, not focused in class.

'I know, shocker right? I try to excell in school excuse me!'

I couldn't wrap my head around what Tyler said. He wanted to be my friend. FRIEND! A person who will always be there for you when you need them.

'Well movies made them (friends) look that way'

I had friends before. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't always a loner. But look how that turned out.

The moment I needed them the most, they abandoned me. Eversince, I haven't let anyone get close to me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~\•♡•/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While everyone else was talking to their "friends", I took this chance to slip away unnoticeably. I couldn't let Tyler see me when I practically ran away after he asked that stupid question.

I dreaded walking the way back to my house. I always pass by this sketchy alley that gives me the shivers. It always gives me a sense of darkness. Fear.

When I am about to pass the alley there was a loud bang.

'A gun shot'

I scurriedly sought for a place to hide in. And the only thing I could see that was big enough to cover me was a dumpster.

Beggars can't be choosers they say.

"Ok Natalie.Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe i-" I told myself.

"Tyler! So nice of you to show up" said a gruffy voice.

'Maybe from all the smoking he did'

"The pleasure is not mine Anthony" said a familiar voice.

"Huh. Arrogant as always, Owens"

"What do you want James" the famiar voice hissed.

"Straight to the point as always Owens.Well, if you must know, I want the girl." The guy named Anthony said.

'I can hear his smirk as he said that. Is that even possible?'

"Anthony, you have to be specific what girl? What does that have to do we me?" He said, anger evident in his voice.

"Her." Anthony said, pointing at my direction. The dumpster. Me.

The guy he was talking to turned around to see what he was pointing at. Specifically me. Pointing at me.

'WHAT TO DO NOW NATALIE!'

When the guy with a familiar voice finally turned around, I put two and two together. The name Tyler, same black hair, buult, height,...

"Natalie."

It was Tyler. THE Tyler. The same Tyler who wanted to be my "friend".

And as terrified, shocked, and confused as I am like this afternoon during lunch, I did what I do best.

I ran.

I didn't want any drama after the accident. But I think fate has other plans for me. Because no matter how hard I try to stay out of trouble, trouble always finds me.