The Break-In

A/N:
Can we just take a moment and acknowledge this comment right here-

A/N:Can we just take a moment and acknowledge this comment right here-

Okay, back to the story 😂

******

Naib swiped his sharp, gold claws at Jack's face. His short hands were just out of reach. He snarled and barked at him furiously. "Nice to meet you too," Jack said.

Jack eyed the steel collar Naib was wearing. "That must be uncomfortable," he said. "Let me help you with that, little Naib."

He slowly moved his free hand towards the collar, not wanting Naib to be more alarmed than he already is. Suddenly, a sharp pain rushed through his arm as Naib's sharp teeth dug into his hand. "Ow!!" Jack's cry could be heard through the entire factory.

Blood dripped out his palm as Naib didn't let go. Naib glared at Jack with his red orbs that didn't seem to recognise the hunter at all. Frozen in pain, Jack couldn't move his hand out of the painful bite. He kneeled down and let Naib's feet touch the ground.

"T-There there... I'm n-not going to h-hurt you," Jack said, his body trembling as he controlled the pain. Naib observed him for a while. Seeing Jack was not acting hostile towards him or his friends, he let go of his hand.

"G-Good boy...," Jack said calmly, slowly reaching out to his collar again. This time, Naib let his hand come close. He was quiet when Jack unlocked the chain as the itchy collar fell to the ground. Naib twisted his head around, getting the itch off.

His red orbs met Jack's yellow ones through his mask. Naib came closer and sniffed him. "Do you even remember who I am?" Jack muttered, looking at the mercenary who was whiffing his entire face. "Do you even remember who you are?" he muttered again. "You're walking on all fours, it's like you've forgotten you're human."

Naib licked Jack's mask several times, showing his acknowledgement. He whined when he saw the injury on Jack's hand, a look of regret on his face. Jack pat his head with his other hand. "Don't worry, I'm okay," he said. "I can get this treated back in the manor."

Naib pushed his head against the palm that was stroking him, gesturing that he likes it. Jack chuckled. "You're kind of cute when you're not trying to eat me," he said.

Then, Jack stood up. "Right then," he mumbled. "I should at least catch one person," he said. When he walked off, he kept hearing a bark behind him. He looked back and saw Naib following him around like a dog.

"What's this? You want my attention?" Jack said as he smirk. Naib rubbed his head on Jack's feet. "Alright alright~" Jack said, kneeling down and petting his head again.

Then, the siren blared across the factory. Jack's head perked up. "Already?!" he said. 'You can decode surprisingly fast when each person focuses on one machine,' he thought.