Chapter Nine

[Thanks, Swift!!!]

Pinekit's POV

"Blackshade!"

Pinekit jumped awake to her mother hissing furiously. She absentmindedly reached over to bat Willowkit, then realized she wasn't there. Nightkit was gone as well. Her nose was filled with the scent of ShadeClan. Her yellow eyes widened, realizing what had happened.

"Shadedoak, did they take Nightkit and Willowkit?" She asked her mother, worried and calm on the outside, but inwardly she was furious.

Shadedoak snarled, "Yes." Softheart blinked open her eyes, hearing Shadedoak's furious hisses,

"How dare they!" She stood up, trying not to wake up her own kits, "I'll keep and eye on your kits, go tell Honeystar. Just in case they come back."

She bared her teeth. Redkit stirred slightly, but didn't wake.

Pinekit lashed her tail, her fury coming out, "Mouse-brained fox-hearts!" She glared out the hole that the ShadeClan warriors had made in the nursery wall.

Shadedoak stalked out of the den, lashing her tail.

Softheart sat down by Pinekit, "It'll be alright. We'll get them back."

The kit blinked, "I'm surprised you don't doubt my mother's loyalty. Many of the warriors do since finding out Blackshade was our father."

The queen's eyes widened, surprised, "I didn't know that you noticed that much," She shook out her pelt, "But those were kits they stole, and as a mother that infuriates me."

Pinekit snorted, "I can think of better ways to steal kits. They would have done better to distract her, then grab my littermates. But then, my mother probably wouldn't even fall for something like that."

Softheart grinned wryly, "You're very smart for a kit at three moons."

The dappled kit raised her head proudly, "Even if they had taken me I would easily be able to find ways to escape.""

They did what?!" Bluespark's furious hiss sounded from outside the den, "I'm going to shred them if they even try to come back here!"

The pale ginger queen flicked her tail, "I think I'm going to wait to speak to her until she cools off...it's getting close to dawn, so I think I'll wake up the rest of the kits." She nudged her own kits gently.

Pinekit nudged her brother, "Redkit, time to get up."

He groaned, "Do I have to?" Then his eyes popped open in surprise, "Wait a second, is this the one time you never prank me to wake me up? Where are Nightkit and Willowkit?" He glanced over, noticing the ShadeClan scent and hole. His eyes grew big, "Were they stolen?"

"Yes," Pinekit's eyes darkened.

"Will they return here? What if they stay there to long? What if they get hurt? What if-" He was cut off by his sister. Pinekit took a deep breath, "No more 'what if's,' they will be rescued." She looked her brother in the eyes, "We mean the world to our mother. She will do everything in her power to get them back."

Bluespark's POV

Bluespark lashed her tail, pacing back and forth in front of the nursery. Fury blazed in her amber eyes. Her mother had gone out of the camp to blow off steam and get a level head. Twigstem had suggested that she do that as well, but Bluespark had refused.

Twigstem sighed, looking over at her, "Seriously, you need to blow off steam. You won't have a level head ever if you don't calm down."

Bluespark stopped, huffing. She shot an annoyed look at the tom, "Well, what do you know about having kin stolen?!"