Final Wish

The hazy wisps reflect upon me, the glassy surface comparable to the beauty of the heavens. A feeble smile manages its way on my lips, the grandeur beguiling in my eyes. I hold my breath as the throbbing intensifies, shutting my eyes tightly as rusty mist cascades around me.

What have we done to deserve this agony?

Warm tears fuse with the flow, my breathing running hollow and short. Scales grazed and torn, fins tattered and weak. My tenacity has left me, I have no strength remaining.

I give a pathetic attempt to break free, tossing and wiggling from side to side. Much to my discomfort, the gnash exacerbates; the flow of blood greater than before. I fear the presence of a dominant predator, the great possibility of its approach towards me.

I am weak and fading, I wouldn't be able to fend off anything of unimaginable size. Minuscule, frail and powerless; I have no weapon against a great dark beast.

My eyes then wander around, little translucent particles and opaque vibrant objects float like shredded skin; quietly patient, perhaps waiting for another victim to seize. A possibly similar event which happened to my mother and my father along with my brothers and sisters, and an soon to ME.

The reflective gleam falls dim and I know my time is soon to come. A fate that many of my families have met before, the demise of the marine life. A fate that could have been changed if it were not for these despicable beings that reside in the lands.

If it were not for them, the ocean could have been clean; forever purified from their futile creations. The bright lives within the ocean boundaries could have remained serene, vividly joyous with the combination of wondrous hues. Sea life could have been vibrant with vivacity and willfulness to strive and make better the lives amongst our species.

I reminisce the moments of jubilation, hearts blooming with intensified thrill. I recall all those times of love and ardor, cherished instances which many wish to relive again. When the oceans were pristine, free of unknown debris; when the seas were fresh, untainted with impurities of the land beings.

Everything was perfect.

But that perfect moment turned ghastly, deaths within the marine world proliferating. Everything was falling apart, I was falling apart.

Here today, chained by this obscure entity; suffocating and chafing me. I have fallen as victim to this pathetic direction of death.

Alas, everything and nothing; I thank the final moment of tranquil- the clearing of my thoughts from all those anguish and harm.

Thank you, my friend.