The lonely prince

The Lonely Prince

     Chapter 1

Make sure you fall for a princess, make sure you give me grandchildren, make sure you do as I say is what my mother has been telling me this ever since I was able to talk. All she ever wanted is for me to marry a beautiful dame, preferably a princess, and have children so they may call her “granny”. But she never took into consideration of my own feelings. Maybe I don’t want that, maybe I don’t want children, maybe I don’t want a wife, maybe I want something different…

I was born on a place called Ledgerdomane, a world full of magic. Birds fly around of all color, people often fly with them. And in a way, its a lot like earth, except that we have magic and strange powers, and they have their science and unexplained theories. They even have own explanations for all the things that has, or will happen, to the planet they call home. But on my home world, if something happens, we know we can change or fix it with our powers.

On this world, I am 1 of 3 princes. My name is Jacob Wyatt Freestar. I am 16 years old. I was born with a twin. His name is Alex Michael Freestar. When we were born, our feet were side-by-side so they couldn’t tell who was technically older. And our little brother, Roxas James Freestar, is exactly a year younger than us, right down to the second he was born. Its freaky if you think long and hard about this, its like my mother planned this. But no matter, at least things don’t get too boring around here.

Growing up as royalty, certain things are expected of you. You have to wear the right clothes, act the right way, eat the right way, and even walk the right way. It’s very tiring. But you get used to it after 16 years. But besides all of that, life in the palace isn’t as hard as you think. I have servants for my servants! If I don’t want to do something, I just call on one of the many servants, but there is one that is my favorite. His name is Max. He is roughly 60 years old. He has taken care of my ever since I was born. In all reality, I used to think he was my father because my own father was never around for reasons unknown. I’ve told Max every secret I have ever had. If he wanted to, he could hold me for ransom. But he chooses not to. And I thank him for that every day.

When I was 12 years old, I told Max that I was gay. He is the only person I have ever told, I haven’t even told my own twin. He told me he always knew. I had the most confused look on my face. Max could tell I was gay even when I was very little. I was the one who was playing with Barbies, playing dress-up and pretend cooking in the kitchen. He said that was the way he could tell me and Alex apart. After I heard that, I laughed my ass off. And ever since then, we haven’t been closer.

Like I said, my planet is full of magic. Everybody has magic; even a new born has the gift of magic. And they all have an active power. Some are moving things with their minds, freezing time, or even teleportation. My active power is moving things with my mind and stopping time. When I ask my mother why I have 2 active powers, she just says it’s because I am royalty. So ever since I was 5 years old, I have been trained in the dark arts of witchcraft. Normally boys don’t like being called witches, so we just call them sorcerers. But I don’t mind being called a witch, in all reality, the term witch is unisex. But some boys won’t listen to reason.

Chapter 2

On this day, September 1st, 2013, I am turning 17 years of age. The whole planet is throwing a huge celebration in our honor. I awake from my silky soft bed; the light shines in on my face as if it was a blast of fire. The light was so hot, I was sweating. I sit up and stretch my arms out and yawn. My hair is a mess, its like a big blonde dust bunny is sitting upon my head. I get out of bed, slip on my blue slippers, and make my way over to the mirror. When I see my own reflection, I make a disgusted face. I then decide to take a quick shower and head down stairs to breakfast.