Paint it

Haechan sighed as he looked outside the window next to his bed.
It was already winter, the trees that were green were now naked with nothing but empty branches.

He looked at the scrambled dried leaves on the ground.
Ignoring the urge to wanting to walk outside.
He sighed as he leaned his head back closing his eyes.

The world outside seemed so colorful compared to his world, his room and his thoughts.
These concerns shouldn't be bothering him right now but they still did and he hated it.

He hated the fact that he accepted all of this.
That he let himself fall and didn't bother to get himself up.
The fact that all the colors he knew vanished leaving only an empty page behind.

The fact that nobody else noticed it but he himself.
Why didn't they notice?
Or did they simply choose to ignore it?

The brunette sighed as he ran his fingers through his soft brown locks.

Soon the door to his room opened grabbing his attention.
His nervous gaze was replaced into a confused one as a nurse walked in with a trolly.

Haechan eyed the colored pills neatly placed on a tray along with an injection.

"Good morning Donghyuck." The nurse said smiling at him.

"Where is he?" Haechan asked not even bothering to look at her.

She smiled as she handed the boy his pills, reaching out to grab the glass of water after.
In one motion Haechan put the pills in his mouth, drowning the water right after.
Now he got used to that same bitter taste everytime he had to swallow those.

It's been a year after all.
Yet the hope of getting better hadn't died yet.
That small string kept him longing for the world outside this blank page he was stuck in.

"Aren't you going to answer me?" Haechan asked as he placed the empty glass back on the trolly, his eyes now averted towards her.

The nurse avoided his stare as she grabbed the injection, taking the lid of it filling the empty bottle with liquid.

"I have good news for you." She said as she tapped twice on the thin bottle reaching towards younger's arm.

"Does it have anything to do with him?" The brunette asked as he felt his sleeve being pulled up by her.

"Yes." She answered softly as she pressed the thin needle on his arm as it soon entered his soft skin.
Haechan just calmly sat there, not fazed by the needle at all.
He was used to it by now.

"What is it?" The brunette asked as he pulled his sleeve back down, looking at the nurse as she disposed the injection right away.

"He quit. Yesterday he had called the head office and asked to work in the North hospital instead." She said as she looked at the brunette with a soft smile.

Haechan could see a hint of pity in her eyes, but chose to ignore it.
He couldn't blame her for it cause he felt the same.

"Aren't you glad that he left?" She asked as she tidied the latter's bed alittle bit.

"I am." The brunette answered looking down.

He was, he truly was.
But would that make his situation any better?
Would that change everything?
Would that bring the old him back?

He knew the answers of those questions more then anything.

What if something worse was awaiting for him.
What if there was another obstacle awaiting for him at the end of the road?
He was scared.
Scared of what might happen next.
Scared cause he was alone.

"Does that mean that he'll be replaced?" Haechan asked, his voice abit shaky.

He didn't wanted to know.
His heart sped up just thinking about the things that could happen next.
He hated this anxious feeling that kept on eating him from inside.

"Yes. Don't worry, they did a throughout background check on him. I also sneaked in to look at the file with his personal information on it." She said trying to calm the brunette down who kept on biting his lip.

"That doesn't confirm anything." Haechan said as a dry chuckle left his mouth.

"Let's just hope for the best, hm?" She said as she replaced the death flowers with new fresh ones.

The only color in this blank page.

"When is he coming?" The brunette asked after a long pause.

"Around 7 pm, I'm not really sure. They might have changed the schedule." The women answered stopping to think about it.

"I see. Thankyou." The younger blurred out fidgeting with his fingers.

"Haechan." She suddenly called the latter softly making him turn towards her.

She approached the brunette's bed as she sat down next to him grabbing his hand into her own.

Haechan wanted to close his eyes, wanted to block out all the noise that would come out from her mouth.
He could see the pity in her eyes and he hated it.
Hated to see his poor reflection into those bright blue eyes.
Hated those words full of pity leaving her mouth.
He knew he seemed pathetic.
He knew he seemed helpless.
He knew it all too well.

"Now that he is gone, I'm afraid that I'll have to leave this place as soon as possible." She Finally managed to say after debating on how to deliver the sad news to the latter.

Haechan's eyes started to get glassy as he tried his best not to show more of his weakness then already had been displayed.

"Why?" He asked as his grip tightened not even wanting to hear her explanation.

"Haechan, you know that I can't travel this far everyday. I did this just for you. But now that he's gone and you're safe, there's no point for me to come here." The women explained a broken smile on her face as those same blue orbs looked at him.

"But what if the new one is just like him? What if he's worse? Huh?" The younger asked ignoring the lump in his throat, fighting to keep his tears back.

"Listen donghyuck, I was serious when I said about the background check. I personally looked up all the information about his replacement. I would never leave you if it wouldn't be safe for you. I'm positive he's not like him." She explained again.

Haechan didn't wanted to hear any kind of reassurance.
He didn't wanted to be left alone, but he couldn't tell her that.

"I'll leave my phone number behind. Call me whenever you need anything,hm? Promise to take care of yourself. I want to see you get better Donghyuck. Don't give up." She said as she embraced the brunette.

Hope you guys are liking it so far⭐️-