I AM A FLAMINGO

I PUT A SOCK ON WHILE STANDING ON ONE LEG. I AM A FLAMINGO. BOW DOWN TO ME, PEASANTS.

Anyway, this entry has nothing to do with me putting my socks on. Instead, it's about pep band! ONWARD WITH THY STORY TIME.

So, tonight we had our first real pep band game of the year. We practiced for about an hour and a half, we got food, and then we sat in our little emo corner of the gym for two hours and played our instruments.

The game itself was super boring, and let me tell you, those cheerleaders were getting on my last freaking nerve. Like, "Okay, we get it, you want our team to win, hur de dur!" Ugh, I freaking hated them. I also had to sit in front of trumpets, and you can guess how that went. The band, however, (and the dance thing at half time) was the only good thing about the game. Other than that, it was a pretty boring game. Our (seventh grade) team lost (because we suck). I don't know about the eight grade team because I didn't stay for their whole thing.

(Just to clarify, we played all of a seventh grade game and half of an eight grade. In case you were confused or whatever.)

The songs we play in pep band are absolutely beautiful. Stuff like Iron Man (just the main riff), Seven Nation Army (again, just the riff), The Hey Song, 25 or 6 to 4, and a crap ton of other stuff. My personal favorite is The Hey Song, which I will put right he-yah:

Oh, and Elijah (the baritone god) and an eight grade clarinet no joke played Baby Shark. Seriously. I kid you not. And they played We Are Number One. It was beautiful.

So yee, that's pep band for ya. It was awesome. I freaking love band.

After the game, my cousin and I (She's a sophomore, but also in band. High school kids are allowed to help out with middle school pep band.) headed over to the high school for a little homework party while we waited on her dad/my uncle to get out of some meeting or whatever. Then they took me home, and now here I am providing entertainment for y'all when I should probably be asleep.

Normally with an entry like this, I would proof read it fifty times and edit a bunch of crap, but I'm tired and I don't want to stay up too late. So, like always, hope you've had a fabulous day, and I shall see thee in thy next update. Buh-boi!