chapter 8

Friends......
A friend is that person who most times you dont have to communicate with words to , who just by your eyes they know what's on your mind , who you'd always feel free saying things to because you know you wouldn't be judged , who knows when you're down , who you find an intimacy in silence , who you can't stay mad at , who even when distance poses as a barrier and communication start to fail would still be there for you , who your eyes light up at their presence , who may pester you a lot but you know you'd be lonely without them , who knows all your dirty deeds , who gives as much as they receive from you if not more than , who knows when you are upset by just a glance , who teases you , who you're willing to make sacrifices for , who does things without questions.....
I knew the through meaning of friendship in my 11th grade , there was this girl many times I noticed that she snapped at people and I didn't want any of that so I steered clear . One night she called me and asked while I hated her and I said I did not we talked a lot that night and clarified a lot of things she's this crazy goofy person am willing to spend my last cash on , you'd rarely see her cry unless she's badly hurt she's easy going and carefree , we shared a lot of inside jokes , teased a lot of people together , spent extra hours in classes together , she knows when am mad , even though I tend to get on her nerves a lot she's always there when I need her...yh she's that amazing . many times she'd tell people we were sisters . Even though now she's in uni already and things are offish between us , I know she's already here for me....
I knew friendship again when in grade 4 a new girl just came to our class , normally people from DSC estate school's are seen as more intelligent than us and that was bad for me because am used to being the scholar , the whizkid ....anyways few days after she came she lost her mum in a lightning incident and that's where our story began because we were church members my mum and I paid them condolence visits and there we learnt that the mom was the bread winner I realised that having her to stop school would be bad so asked my parents to support her which God blessing them they did , they paid her fees from that grade till the end of high school , weird but I dont even remember asking sef twas one man that told a group of adults who said I was rude that brought back that memory . Many times she'd come over eat and give me gist of everything that happened , she walks round our house like she owns the place . I just hope this continues and lasts for a long time....
People , treasure your friends because they say the old ones are better than the new ones