Part 1

Song Eunjoo lean her body to the chair. She bite her mechanical pencil body while thinking the solution to answering the logarithm related question. Her brows are connected together and she crossed her arms while her head cocked to the side. Unsure of which one of the many rules she need to applied for that particular question.

"Maybe.... this one ?" she mumbling to herself. After that, she continue to the other question until the last one.

The 17 years old girl take the answer sheet that have been cover by all the other books from below. Eunjoo take out her red pen from her pensil case and one by one marking all the question she had answered. Once again, her brows creased. A lot of it was wrong, only few of them is correct.

One by one she counted the number of question that she answer correctly and write it down. A sigh occurred from her mouth. Eunjoo lean her body back to the chair and her gaze fixed to the number of the question she had answer correctly. Out of 100 question, she only got 15 correct.

Eunjoo sigh again and bit her lower lip. Thinking really hard what she has done wrong. She browsing through to the other material like notes, exercise books and referring to the other test question she had done before to just know what exactly she've been doing wrong. Perhaps she forgot the important steps. Maybe she forgot to round off the number before move on to the equation. Clueless, Eunjoo lay her head on her study table.

I hate math. I hate adds math. I hate everything about number. She is cursing inside her head about how much she despised that subject no matter how many times she force herself to like it.

How she wish mathematic in high school are easy like in kindergarten where the question is like 1+1=2, not Tiara bought a bag full of apples but some of the apple are rotten while the other are still not ripe. Calculate how many are the ripe one.

How is she suppose to know how many are the ripe one when the question didn't even given the specific number ? Suddenly, the sound of alarm ringing surround her room. She look at her smart phone that lay on her bed and get up to turn it off.

The clock in the screen shows 7 in the morning indicated that the latter need to get ready for her part time job at the bakery and she need to be there before 8. Eunjoo sigh deeply and close her eyes. Her right hands touch her head. She has been studying for 3 hours straight nonstop without taking a break. Eunjoo thought she would like to take an 1 hour nap after she finished her studies but she was so focus studying that she didn't realize she has lost track of time.

The girl put her smart phone back to its place and grab her white towel and walk to the bathroom. 5 minutes later, the figure return back to her room after finish washing herself. She went to her vanity and put some moisturizer and toner to her face. After that, she walk to the wardrobe to put some clothes. Eunjoo is the type that don't like to dress up but if she need to or want to wear one, she will. You can say she is a tomboy with a little bit of a girly side. She didn't think too much on choosing her clothes. White T-shirt, green and black colour flannel with black jeans. She prefer comfy over style.

Then, she walk over to her vanity again and put her hair down. She combs her black straight hair to make sure it doesn't look messy. Eunjoo usually don't wash her hair in the morning, she only wash it at night as she don't have enough time to let it dry in the morning. For the last touch up, she wear her favorite Nivea lip balm on her lips. Satisfy with her looks, she smile to herself.

Song Eunjoo put her white smart phone and her earphones in her chocolate medium size sling bag. She double check what's inside it so that she won't forget anything. Especially her bus card, if she forgot to bring this one guy, she can't go anyway. She can use other alternative like taxi but it's too expensive to pay the fare. Then, she sling her sling bag to her shoulder and walk to the cupboard to grab her socks. The girl just grab randomly what her eyes land on first.

Finally she get out from her room and going to the kitchen to fill her water bottle. Her tracks stop when she saw a slim figure and 5 ft 6 tall in her 30s woman standing in front of the island. The woman is so busy making some food that she did'nt realize the girl is standing watching her. She only knowledge her presence only when she's turn around.

With a bright smile on her face, she greet the 17 years old girl. "Ohhh Eunjoo yah, good morning !" Lee Mi Sook put the dish that she had just prepare on the dinner table. "I just need to make some soup and we are ready to eat. Your dad and Haru still asleep but I will wake them up later. You're going to work right ? You can eat breakfast first." She pull the chair and pat it. "Come and sit here."

Song Eunjoo just stare at the woman that just got married to her father 2 months ago. It's been 1 week since the mother and her daughter living with her and her father. It's a normal tradition for the newlywed couple to live together after getting married. Before both of them are married, her father decided to stay with them at Jeju and want to hold a ceremony there. She didn't go not because her father don't want her to go. She the one who don't want to go.

Song Geun Tae tried to pursued her daughter to come with him but he can't never break down his daughter stubbornness. When she says no and she don't want to go. Discussion and persuasion no longer work. No means no. At the end, the man go by himself and leaving her beautiful daughter behind by herself nearly for 2 months even though he do feels bad. He can't forced his daughter to obey his words because the man know how much the girl are hurt because of his decision. At first, it was a one week stay plan at Jeju after getting married to her new wife but decided to stay a bit longer with them.

Eunjoo dropped her eyes to the floor for a second before she move to the kitchen island to grab her already filled water bottle. She looks at her stepmother eyes. "Next time please don't fill my water bottle. I can do it by myself."

Her words are short and simple. It's not a wish but more like a demand for the woman not to do it. The girl then walked away and sit at the front entrance to put on her sneakers.

Lee Mi Sook quite shock with her stepdaughter words but quickly regained her composure. She jog to follow the girl to the front entrance. She holds her both fingers together. "Eunjoo yah, I apologize for doing that. It's my fault and I'm so sorry. I won't do it again. I promise you that." She said with an apologetic and sincere smile. Not getting a respond from the girl she try to speaks up again. "You're getting off work at what time ? Are you going to be late ? Do you have money to.... Eunjoo yah..."

Before the woman finish her words, Song Eunjoo walk out to the front door. Leaving her gazing at the door slowly shutting by itself. Lee Mi Sook sigh deeply. She move back to the kitchen. Her gazes fixed at the breakfast she just made. She purposefully wake up early to prepare breakfast for her family. She slice some kimbap and taste it, then throw it out again later.

"Ahhhh ! Salty !" Lee Mi Sook drink some water to wash the saltiness away.

Song Eunjoo stop in front of the door and look back for a second. Her faces clearly shows some annoyance. Honestly she feels really bad for treated her stepmother like that when knowing the woman intention are good. But she can't pretend to like them or accept them. To look at their face is hard enough whereas to accept them as a family is something she don't want to accept. The girl need some time.

That's why she decided to look for some part time job during the school holiday so she don't have to be at home all the time. So she has a reason to return home late because of the job. Even when she has a day off, she will ask for her boss if he need someone to fill in or she will go to the library to avoid seeing them. She will go anyway as long as she don't have to see them.

Song Eunjoo walk down the stairs to go to her part time job.