Chapter 1

I lay in my bed, plotting how to scare the heck out of everyone at camp. That's when I see a Roman in the window. I sigh. "What do you want?"

The girl frowns at me. "How did you see me?"

I roll my eyes, opening the window. A cold breeze brings goosebumps to my skin. Curse Mr. D for letting it get cold. "You were just standing there. And shouldn't you be wearing a sweatshirt? It's cold." I glance at the flannel shirt tied around her waist.

"Thanks, Dad," LiLi grumbles.

"Your arms have goosebumps," I say flatly.

She mumbles something under her breath. "What are you even doing? You looked dead." She climbs through the window.

"I'm always dead. And get your shoes off my bed!"

LiLi snorts. "I didn't think you were such a neat freak." She kicks off her shoes and throws them on the floor.

"And to answer your first question, I was plotting your downfall."

"Quit pretending to be scary," LiLi snaps.

I give her a puzzled look. "I don't pretend. I scare a lot of people."

"With what? Your ugliness?"

"Ouch," someone says.

I turn to the door.

"Ew," LiLi says. "It's you."

Will sticks his toungue out at her.

I smirk. "Now that's scary. How old are you again, Will? A little to old for sticking your toungue out at little kids."

"I'm not little!" LiLi squeaks. "I'm thirteen!"

"Yeah yeah. What's up, Will?"

"Gas prices," he mumbles, plopping down on my bed.

LiLi's face scrunches up in disgust. "Don't get all lovey dovey in front of me! That's gross!"

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" Will asks.

LiLi's face reddens. "H–how did you—I mean no!"

"You don't normally come to Camp Half-Blood," Will says. "And when you do, you normally don't bring someone along. Especially a boy."

"Will!" LiLi groans.

He grins. "And besides, the Aphrodite cabin already ships it."

"All right you two," I say. "That's enough."

That's when we all hear someone scream.