#WriteWithZo prompt

"How about this corner? There's just room enough for us here." They giggled quietly. Carlos ogled the brunette beauty, licking his lips. Maria bumps into a glass case, shaking the valuable item within. "Whoops," a blush coloring her cheeks. Carlos gently tilted her face upwards to meet his eyes. "Don't worry about the art, baby. YOU'RE the real art in here." 

"Oh Carlos!" They passionately kissed like they were on a deserted island away from prying eyes.

Unbeknownst to the lip-lockers, an employee was spying on them. Her hands tightly fisted, her furious eyes locked on them as she revealed herself.

"YOU!" she screeched. The couple jumped.

"We didn't touch anything, I promise," Maria's offered. Carlos rolled his eyes. "Oh Juanita. Didn't see you there! How's the art auction going?" Juanita scowled, raging.

"HOW could you do this to me? After all we've been through together?! We are soulmates, and you want to throw it away on THIS bimbo?"

"HEY!" Maria objected.

"After what you pulled, Juanita? We're through."

"Do you know her?" Maria questioned.

"I've shared secrets with you! Things I've never told anyone else! I already started picking out baby names for us!" 

"Hold up – are you pregnant?"

Maria looked back and forth between the two, eyes as wide as saucers.

"Maybe!"

"I saw you with my brother Mario last week! It could be HIS child! You think I'll forgive you after that?!" 

"You two are TWINS, how was I supposed to know?! I thought it was you!"

"Seriously? Mario... Man, I hate him! We're through, Juanita."

"I forgave you when drunk-puked all over my grandparent's deck and pool at their anniversary party. I forgave you when you kissed my mom, when you bought a stripper for my little brother's birthday." Maria let out a whistle. Did she step into a telenovela? Where was the popcorn? 

"Carlos, if you can't be an adult and forgive like I have done with you numerous times, then we're done! My mother was right about you. Once a classless band-scum nobody, always one!" 

Maria just had to pipe in. "Whoa, you're in a band?" Carlos pinched his nose. "It's a mariachi band. Juanita, you know I'm just waiting for my big Broadway break."

"Maybe if you'd GROW UP and moved out of your parent's house you could be considered an adult, Carlos! You're 30!" 

"My mom makes the best pancakes, and I can save more money living with them. Don't diss my financial choices, Juanita!"

"How about this, Carlos. I'll let you move in with me, you drink SPARINGLY from now on, and we never see Mario again."

"Really? You'd let me move in with you? And promise to never see Mario again?"
"Absolutely, sweet'ums." Her eyes sparkled with hope.

"I love you, baby!"
"I love YOU, Car-Car!"

They smashed against each other in passionate embrace.

Maria sidles out of the room quietly and sneaks out. That was way too much drama. "Whew! I need a drink." She mumbles as she heads down the street towards the nearest bar.