Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Ugh I hate work" I yelled slumping back in my chair throwing the file I was reading down onto the desk. Three werewolfs have been kidnapped and there are no leads the rouges in the area where the people were kidnapped didn't do it. And none were from the same pack but they were heading my way only two packs are between me and the last kidnapping. I had patrol tighten and more members added. But I still didn't know if that was enough. And to top it all off I was due soon and haven't got anything for the baby ready all the stuff we bought is sitting in the nursery or in our room. hell rider and I can't agree on a name and I am all ways peeing to. everything was happening so fast and I just wanted to be in bed or spending time with Micah and rider.

"You all right hunter"

I turned to cooper he had been sitting in front of me when I had my outburst.

"Sorry I'm just tired of all of this and with the baby coming soon. It's just hard" I told him closing my eyes trying to relax.

"Let me run everything for now I'll let you know if anything big happens" he asked for the hundredth time this week.

"I told you when I'm 7 1/2 or 8 months I'll let you but I just turned 7 months give me two weeks and maybe I'll let you I can't just have you do everything when I tired of things. I'm the alpha after all"

"Yes and your also a mother you take care of a three year old everyday and your pregnant your body is tired" he said in a know it all tone.

"I know just give me two weeks okay then it's your turn for a bit trust me you'll be begging for me to come back" I told him laughing.

"Yah sure more like you'll be begging me to stay longer so you can be with the kids you know it's going to kill you not spending every second with them" he said chuckling. He was right it will kill me it was and still is. not spending every second with Micah. rider was lucky he does.

"You might be right are you ready for that"

"Your my sister a course I am hell the pack might like me better" he said joking

"Yah the children would love you to be the alpha your easy to trick they could get away with everything"

"Your so mean how are you a mom" he cried grabbing his heart.

"Easy your to ugly for any mother to want" I said in a dead serious voice he looked shocked like he though I was for real.

"I don't like you anymore"

"I'm only joking god your so sensitive I'm not even that sensitive" I said raising my eyebrow at him.

"whatever" he snapped pouting.

"You can go I don't need anymore help today" I told him ignoring are little squabble.

"You sure" he said pushing

"Yes I'm sure I have a few papers to sign and send off then I'm stopping for today"

"Okay call me if you change your mind" he said getting up walking out of my office

I grabbed the file I had thrown down. It was from alpha Bentley he wants to organize a surprise attack at each of our packs as there is a group heading his way as well. Which sadly would involve me having to go to his pack in Tennessee and his to mine here in Washington the only good thing is that he would be coming to mine first as the rouges are closer to my pack then the rouges by his. But the bad thing is since I'm pregnant I can't fight but rider can which scares the crap out of me. He is the next alpha in line when I'm out of commission. He was getting better at fighting but still needs work when I was gone he slacked big time on his training an only now was making up for it. Alpha Bentley had sent over list of how many he had and in what field trackers, warriors , hunters, guards and tactics he think might work. I signed the approval papers allowing his pack to come to my land. Then I had a few papers from the council to sign as well. Once done I went to Micah's room to clean up a bit only to find him and rider on his bed sleeping. Micah was on riders chest with riders arms wrapped around him. I smiled at the sight of my two boys. I looked around the room at the mess they made color pencils and papers on the floor around his little table cars all over the floor a couple movies and clothes. I walked around picking everything up and putting them away when I came to his table I started looking at all the drawlings but one caught my eye it was a family picture out family rider him and me rider and he were stick figures but I was a big O there was an arrow pointing to my belly that said baby. That picture brought a smile to my face. I took the picture flipped it over and wrote Micah age 3 before handing it up on his cork board. I headed to the nursery across the hall next to my room. When I opened it I got quite a surprise the room had been painted. Instead of the white it had been it was now light gray with a thick baby blue strip going around the room. The crib, changing table, and dresser had been put together along with the baby swing and bouncer. I knew rider had done it because we were the only ones other than family allowed on this floor and I can't see his brothers doing this. I waddled over to the rocking chair it was dark wood with light gray padding I moved the foot stool out if the way so I could reach the baskets of clothes. Cutting off tags I started to fold them placing them in pills by size.

----------------------------------

I spend a good two hours folding clothes getting the changing table organized so it was all easy to reach. It was slow but everything was coming together. I left the nursery and headed to the kitchen to start making dinner. We were going to have pork tender loin mashed potatoes and green beans. But as I was bending down to put the tender loin in the oven this sharp pain shot up my back it was such a surprise that I dropped the pan causing it to hit the floor and shatter. I gripped the counter to keep myself upright. I thought it was over but as soon as I tried to get up the pain shock throw my body again. If I hadn't been holding the counter I would have fallen for sure the pain was to much.

"Agh" I yelled when it happened again.

"Alpha are you okay"

"No get the doctor and link Rider" I moaned out

"Yes alpha" my pack member said running out of the kitchen I was super out of it because of the pain I couldn't tell who was in the kitchen I couldn't even recall if it was a man or women.

"Hunter what happen"

I turn my head to see a freaked out rider running my way.

"I don't know I'm getting shooting pain up my back" I cried I was near tears it hurt so bad rider realized this and paled I wasn't one to show emotions like this were my pack members could see. Rider picked me up that action though caused me to scream. But I had to get to a bed or something for the doctor to look at me. Rider had taken me to our room right after we ran in the doctor followed a nurse pushing equipment in after him.

"Luna place alpha on the bed and wait by the door" doc ordered grabbing the ultrasound. Rider did what he was told to but didn't move that far from me he was out of the docs way but was still hovering. The doc ripped open my shirt and started pressing down on my stomach feeling for something

"From the feel of it the pup has shifted he's to cramped and will try to get out which will kill you, you need to shift alpha" doc rushed out moving everything away so I would have room to shift. Shifting while pregnant is very dangerous it can kill the pup and it's even more dangerous when the pup shifts while in the belly because they could kill the mother if they don't shift back so once I shift into my wolf I'll be stuck like that until he shifts back. Which might not be until after he's born. I didn't want to give birth to my first child in wolf form. My wolf took over and shifted she laid down on the bed stretching out to get use to the feeling of our pup. My belly was large if I was standing it would almost touch the ground.

"How long do you think he'll stay shifted" rider asked sitting next to me rubbing my belly it was quit soothing

"He'll change back when he's ready I can't say for sure because we don't know why he shifted she was only cooking and that hasn't been known to be stressful enough to cause pre-shifting." Doc said moving the equipment to the door so the nurse could take it back to the clinic.

"Are you stressed about anything alpha" doc asked

*yes do not tell the pack members but someone is kidnapping pack members from many packs alpha Bentley from Tennessee is coming done to help us stop them*

"I recommend you don't deal with this anymore alpha let beta cooper take over" doc said sadly I signed knowing that he was right

*I will* I said reluncently