1. The Runaway

Panic.
Adrenaline.
They flooded her veins and washed over her senses. Her legs ached and her breath came out in short puffs, burning her lungs. But she couldn't stop. She had to keep moving. Faster.
Faster.
Faster.
Fas--

Darkness.
___________________________

(1st Person POV)

I breathed in a sigh as I weaved my way through the busy London streets. Bodies brushing past me put me on high alert as I search for the one thing most foreign to me,
A place to call home.
It was not that I didn't want to settle down before, it was that I couldn't. The only things that were truly familiar to me were, caution, deduction, independence, cheap hotel rooms, and running. Not running in the physical sense, but in the mental. I was running from my past...and I'll be damned if I let it catch me. I instinctively stopped walking to look over my shoulder, an action I had become aquatinted to. Just to be sure no one was following me, I turned down a side street and followed the backstreets to reach my destination. As I emerged from the alleyways, I spotted it a few buildings away. It was a nice flat with a nice landlady on a nice street -mind you, I didn't really see how a street could be considered 'nice', to me it was just a path of cobbles, lined with buildings, that everyday people tread on. And I had heard of the two - quite troublesome, dare I say- men who would be living above me, but didn't really give them much thought as I probably wouldn't interact with them anyway. I thought it best to not make myself memorable as that, in my situation, could be my downfall. I preferred to keep to myself anyway. But in summary, I did not care if the neighbours were a handful, or if the landlady was nice or perhaps the opposite. The only thing I cared about was that I had a place that was my own, whilst also leaving no trace of my existence. I suppose that was the life of a runaway. What a shame it would be if I had to move from this, most convenient, place and start over again.
I sighed as I pushed open the black door...of 221B Baker Street.

----------------------------------------------

Hello readers! I hope you enjoyed part one. There will be more chapters coming very soon, so look forward to that! I apologise for any spelling or grammatical errors, this is the first fanfiction I've ever published so it probably has some mistakes. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this book, and your day/night.
See you in the next chapter!
~Ellis ♥