2. Foreign Senses

A young woman stood motionless in her apartment as soft music drifted through the air and washed over her senses. Some might find it odd that someone with her...characteristics, could enjoy something so trivial. But hey, she could appreciate something great when she saw it. She was human too after all. Speaking of being human, in the last three hours this woman had consumed copious amounts of caffeine in an attempt to stay awake- though if you ask her, she would tell you that it was her average level of consumption. Slightly worrying if you ask anyone else. So she sat, at her desk, surrounded by scraps of paper and the melody of the song currently playing on her stereo. She had become accustomed to the lifestyle of little to no sleep but, for some reason, on this particular night she was finding it increasingly difficult to keep her eyes open. It was the stress of moving she supposed. She wondered what she would be doing right now if she wasn't in her current situation, and as that thought was humouring her, she heard a loud sound from upstairs. Although it seemed that she had ignored it, one could tell that she had heightened her senses. Whether it be the ceasing of her movements or the slight raising of her eyebrows. The sound grew louder and she came to recognise it as shoes stomping hastily down the flat-building stairs. She relaxed slightly, although not fully. And, as she strained her ears to hear more clearly, a set of softer footsteps followed the first. They were accompanied by a hushed and scolding voice.
"Sherlock, you'll wake the new neighbour."
"Nevermind that John, we have a case to solve."

Ah, it seemed that Holmes was on another one of his late night escapades.

——————————————————-
Hey! Thanks for reading the second chapter. I'm sorry it took so long to publish (and that it's so short) but it's here now. I've started writing the next chapter so that probably won't take as long to finish, which is good news I guess. But anyway, hope you enjoyed and I hope you stick around for the rest of the story. Good day all!
Oh P.S, please point out any misspelling or grammatical errors, it really helps!
~Ellis