+ MOON MAN +

Halloween.

The night children get free candy for terrible cosplay. Not what I call a good night. Me and my friends had decided to stay at my house and watch scary movies. Not fun, but not bad. We are halfway through our 2nd movie. These aren't really scary. Me and Rolly are sitting on the couch while Ryn in on the floor hugging pillows. She is such a scaredy cat. I don't know why she agreed to come over if she's gonna be that sensitive. But even if she is scared, she does love horror facts and stories.

"Hey, have you ever heard the tale of the moon man?"

Ryn's voice startles me and I flinch. Oh great, another one? Me and Rolly shake our heads.

Ryn sits up, still hugging the pillow "Well, some say that on Halloween night if you stand in the light of a full moon with your eyes closed and count to 10. You are erased from existence."

"Fake" Rolly says in a fake yawn. "Come on Ryn, you can do better than that."

"What! It's true though!" Ryn says pouting.

I shrug "Well it's not a bad story." I say trying to defend Ryn.

"Sorry but, Moon Man? That sounds like a kids story," Rolly says.

Ryn stands up and scowls at Rolly "Fine, Mr. Tough guy! Why don't you put your money where your mouth is! I dare you to do it!"

After a few more minutes of arguing Rolly agrees to do it and we are outside in the moonlight. I look at Rolly, who is on my left. I can tell he is scared but he has never been one to chicken out.

Rolly closes his eyes and starts to count to 10.

1...

"Rolly are you sure about this?" I ask but am soon shushed by Ryn.

2...

I quiet down and stare at the moon anxiously.

3...

Is it just me or is the moon getting brighter?

4...

"Moon sure is bright tonight," Ryn says without looking at me.

"Yeah, it is."

5...

"What are we doing out here again?" Ryn asks.

6...

I shrug, it feels like I'm forgetting something.

7...

or ... someone?

8...

I can feel it on the tip of my tongue.

9...

Like, a friend that's lost in the fog.

10...

I look to my left. That's weird, I thought there was someone beside me. I look at the moon one last time. I feel as if I can see a face in it. And for some reason...It looks familiar. I shrug as Ryn and I walk back to my house.

A/N

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! This is something I wrote for a writing club at school. So I polished it up a bit and decided to post it.