[ epilogue ]

Your eyes soften at the sight before you.

After learning Seungmin's whereabouts, you asked to be dropped off to where he was. Jaebum offered to take you, being extra careful around you and checking on you often. You thanked him as the car pulled over, waving goodbye as he drove off. You took a deep breath before following and walking down a small path. A few snap of twigs and rustling of leaves here and there, you finally reach your destination.

You see him. You took in the situation the boy was in. You took in his figure, his back turned against you as he sat cross-legged on the grass. Even from afar, you could hear his voice. Despite being unable to fully understand every word he spoke, it was enough for you to fasten your pace toward him. The closer you got, the clearer his voice got. You could make out a few words that came out of his mouth, the cracking in his voice evident. Then, your eyes land on his hand that was placed on top of a tombstone.

Hyunjin's.

According to Jeongin, the boy's been here almost every day. You've heard how devastated he was to lose both his best friend and the girl he likes. It was a struggle for him to live every day. He would barely eat or talk, his mind was hung up on the disaster that came upon two important people in his life. It came to a point where he wanted to take away his life. However, thanks to the support and encouragement your friends constantly gave him, he was able to pull himself together. 

"Hyunjin..."

You pause for a second and listen in.

"Are you maybe tired of me annoying you every day?" He chuckles sadly.

You listen more.

"I hate to break it to you, but I'll never leave you alone." His voice becomes quiet.

You watch.

"I regret not looking after you and asking for forgiveness when you were still here. I doubted you many times, but you always managed to get by and prove to me that I can trust you. I threw the truth about your father harshly to your face without thinking of how you would feel, but in the end, you never held a grudge against me. I almost gave up on Jeongin, but there's you. Despite being hurt physically and drained mentally, you would go the extra mile to search for him."

He pauses, a hint of hesitation as he finds his next words.

"I stole (y/n) from you too."

Your eyes widened.

"I know how much you loved her and how much she loved you, but I took every chance to make her fall for me because I felt the same way about her."

Tears had started falling onto his tombstone.

"It's eating me up inside that I've never had the chance to tell you all these. I wish you were still here. I'd give up everything I have just for you to come back and make (y/n) happy again."

You couldn't take it anymore. You couldn't just stand still and listen to him say all these. In a heartbeat, you were dashing toward him. He heard heavy footsteps approaching him, causing him to stop and tilt his head toward the source of the noise. Thanks to the tears blurring his vision, he was unable to see the face of his new company. All Seungmin could process was his back hitting the ground as a pair of arms wrap around him.

Then, he knew.

"(y/n)..."

You couldn't respond back. Your throat hurt as muffled sobs escaped your lips. You pulled him closer toward you, afraid he might disappear if you let go. To Seungmin, it felt unreal to have you in his arms again. He felt like he was dreaming, but even if he was, he didn't want to wake up anytime soon. He only places his arms around her tightly, loving the feeling of her touch on his skin.