Problems

Jacob's POV*

"I told you that I didn't mind!" Shay yells while I walk downstairs. "Well it didn't feel that way!" I say stopping when I come downstairs.

"I thought you were joking I didn't think you were serous!" She yells standing at the top of the stairs.

I groan and walk into our messed up kitchen, we were getting it redecorated and it felt like hell in the house.

Me and Shay have been arguing since the kids left for school this morning. We argued about the sinks, the paint, and the counters.

We never argue in front of the kids but once they leave, it's like war up in here. "Stop walking away from me!" Shay yells catching up to me.

"Damnit Shay! I don't want to argue with you!" I yell back at her. "Why can't we just go see the movie?!" She asks walking up to me.

"Because the last time you picked the movie you didn't know shit about it!" I yell looking at her. "So your bringing old shit up?!" She asks walking away from me.

"Yeah I am! And it's your fault!" I yell walking behind her. "How is this my fault?!" She asks looking at me like I'm crazy.

"You never ask what I wanna do but it's all about you! You never ask your fucking husband! You wanted a bigger house, we got it! You wanted to move to Atlanta, we did! You picked the theme for the kitchen! You never ask me if I wanna do anything and you expect me to go along with it?!" I yell ranting using my hands as signals.

She gets quiet. I walk away, "I got paper work to do." I mumble walking upstairs.

Flashback

"Babe, don't you think we should go pick up Junior and Zoey?" Shay asks rubbing her pregnant belly.

"No baby! My parents and the kids are fine." I say kissing her cheek. "But, guess what I got!" I say excitedly pulling out a bag.

She waddles over, I take out the cookies. "Nooo babe." She whines.

"I'm on a diet you know that." She says laughing and grabbing the cookies. I laugh and open them for her not wanting to watch her struggle.

She grabs a napkin and puts 5 cookies on the napkin. "Damn mama," I say laughing. She smiles and eats a cookie. "I wanna get on the counter." She says trying to get on it.

I smile and help her on it. She continues eating her cookies while I watch her. She looks at me, "What?" She asks with a mouth full of cookies. I shake my head chuckling.

"Your so cute." I say pecking her lips.

Present day

I lay on the couch watching tv while Shay and the kids sleep. I hear Julius start to cry so I get up.

I pick him up and smell him. "Oh you need to be changed." I hold both of his hands so he can walk.

"Babe, will you please stop dragging him by his hands?" I hear Shay ask in a raspy voice. I lay him back in his bed and walk past her.

Shay's POV*

I walk into our room seeing Jacob grab a duffel bag. "Where are you going?" I ask raising my eyebrows and walking over.

"We both obviously need time to ourselves I'll be back to see the kids in the morning." He says grabbing some clothes and putting them in the bag.

I nod feeling my bottom lip quiver. He puts on a sweat shirt and leaves out the room. I walk out behind him following him downstairs.

"I'll be back before the kids wake up," he says grabbing his car keys. I nod and put my head down, I hear him leave out and slam the door.

I walk upstairs turning the light off.

The next morning

Jacob's POV*

I wake up super early just to get back to the house before the kids wake up. None of them know that me and their mother are having problems.

I drive to the house and get there just in time. I see Mason run downstairs with his hair everywhere. "Dad! Mom is trying to braid my hair! Help!" He exclaims talking really fast.

"Sorry Mason, your on your own today." I say walking to the kitchen. I see my oldest son Junior. "Hey dad." He says washing his cereal bowl.

I wave and sit down, I hear him take a deep breath. "I heard you and mom arguing yesterday." I look up at him. "It was just one argument, we're fine." I say trying to assure him me and his mom's marriage is fine.

"It wasn't just one fight dad. I'm 17 I know what's going on." He says sitting next to me. "Listen, me and your mother is just going through a tough time. I promise we'll get through it." I say smiling at him.

"Hey sweetie!" Shay comes down with Julius on her hip. She sits him in his high chair and starts to make her coffee.

Junior leaves the kitchen, "morning." I mumble getting up to grab some grapes from the fridge. "Jacob, I wanna stop arguing. We have kids and we've been together for almost 25 years." She says rubbing her eyes.

"I don't wanna talk about this, I have work." I say about to walk away. "Well when are we gonna be able to talk?!" She asks raising her voice.

"We always get to talk on your time! But what about my time Jacob!" She asks pointing to herself. "I don't wanna talk about this right now because the kids are here! I always do what you want and now that I don't you wanna yell at me?!" I ask seeing the kids walk in at the corner of my eye.

"Stop yelling at me! I just wanna talk to my husband! But I can't even do that!" She asks shaking her head.

"I have work damnit ! We can talk later but not now! This is not about us it's about the kids! Stop being so selfish and suck the shit up!" I yell getting louder.

"I'm tired of you yelling at me like I'm not your fucking wife Jacob! You are in the wrong here! Not me!" She yells pointing at me.

"Tell me exactly what's my fault! Huh?!" I ask getting pissed off.

"Mommy? Daddy?" I hear my daughter Zoey ask. I turn and see all of the kids. I sigh.

"Guys mommy and daddy-" I get cut off by my oldest daughter. "No! You two were arguing!" She says raising her voice and her bottom lip quivering.

"Baby Listen-" Shay gets cut off by Mason. "No!" He yells running out. The rest of the kids walk away. I sigh grabbing my keys and walking out of the house.

Ain't no way we getting out of this..