Reflection in the Mirror

For all of our lives whenever we look in the mirror there is our shadow, matching our every move. We never question it, its just suposed to be a reflection. But what if it's only mirroring us to stop us from seeing what's on the otherside of the mirror, always there in the same exact as you place blocking your path. These look-a-likes protect us by stopping us from crossing over into their world. A world we are not meant to be in. And if you can believe all this to be true I must ask you, what happens when a reflection disappears?

No one really knows, as there are no documented cases, but that could just mean that something happened before they could. So, if one's reflection is stopping us from crossing through, if it were to dissapered there is nothing to stop us from simply stepping through. And us nieve curious people that we are would never stop to question why were they stop us or why they look like us.

And let me tell you, as someone who's reflection vanished, never let them tell you its just reflected light. Because they're not! They never have been or will be! They are a piece of soul that was ripped from you the first time your reflection appeared. They grew up alone only being seen in passing glimpses, desperately trying to protect you, stop you from ever reilizing the truth. They just sit waiting, whispering things never to be heard, as we live out our lives gradually losing strength. Until the time is right or they simply lose patience they disappear, leaving us with empty mirrors, and nothing to prevent us from falling into their realm. Taking their place in the infinite ghostly green plain, damned to only watch as you are erased from the world and replaces with one that looks oh so much like you, but who knows better than you did.

Though as the years go by they begin to forget, believing it to only be a dream. They start to become lax, worrying less and less about mirrors. No longer fearing any danger in the reflections. And over this time you have changed, forgetting exactly what human is. The only thing left is a quiet rage, towards the one who stole your life. So you sit and watch, waiting, and plotting your revenge.

So you who stand in front of me, do you remember me?

Happy Halloween!!🎃