18 / Magic in the Hamptons

"It's up" David said, looking extremely proud of himself.

He had informed Maddy a few hours ago that he wanted to post his announcement of their relationship now. He brought his laptop over to Maddy and put it on her lap, clicking the play button and making it full screen. The first clip was one of Zane attempting a cartwheel with a beer on the beach at Derek's before cutting to the title scene. David had some footage from right after they had gotten back to the Hamptons, then cut to a video of him calling Maddy's name, who was walking in front of him on the tarmac to get on the private jet. She turned around and smiled and waved, and he froze the video, beginning a voiceover.

"See that girl? That's Maddy Laurent, and we've been dating for about 2 months. I have asked her countless times when we can announce that we're dating and she always told me the same thing"

"I like it being a special thing" Maddy said, sitting on David's couch.

"Isn't it kind of fun that it's just a special thing between us and the people we know?" She said, panting after stopping during a jog.

"It's a special thing between us for now" Maddy said, sipping a cocktail in a restaurant.

"That's why you were filming me?" Maddy asked, pausing the video.

"Watch!" David said, clicking the play button again.

"I agree with her. Our relationship is really special, but I also want to be able to show everyone else how special our relationship is. Finally, she agreed to let me tell everyone we were dating"

The video cut to a clip of Maddy finally agreeing, then asking if this was how he was going to announce.

"Kind of, Maddy, kind of" The voiceover said, as the screen went dark. "I went on a trip with Maddy and some of our friends to the Hamptons, and I asked my friends to film us together. Not just me, not just Maddy, but both of us together, to show all of you how special our relationship is"

Magic in the Hamptons by Social House began to play as a montage of David and Maddy on the trip played beginning with Maddy and David sleeping on each other's shoulders on the plane, to them laughing hysterically together, to them cuddling on a couch while looking at each other and talking as David kissed Maddy on the forehead, to Maddy throwing the ball in beer pong and getting it in the last cup while the room started yelling and jumping and David spun her around and kissed her. There was a clip of a drunk Maddy attempting to teach David how to ballroom dance that made Maddy laugh out loud. It ended with David and Maddy sitting on the beach watching the sunset before Maddy put her head on David's shoulder, turning the screen black.

"What the fuck? That was so cute" Maddy said, looking up at David.

"That's why I filmed you every time I asked you if we could announce it"

"That's literally adorable"

David posted the video, to which about 4/5 of his fans were surprised and 1/5 had been "compiling evidence" and had thought something was up. David scrolled through a twitter thread of this "evidence".

@DavidDobriksTesla: Maddy posted a picture of herself with the caption "Do you feel the love?" (lyrics from the song San Fransisco by the Mowglis) and David commented "I feel the love"

@DavidDobriksTesla: David and Maddy dressed up as David at Tana's matching party

@DavidDobriksTesla: David used Maddy's outro playlist for his songs for about a month

David laughed at how the "evidence" would have happened whether they dated or not, but they had still come to the correct conclusion.

Maddy tweeted the link to David's video with a smiley face and then tweeted an announcement of her own.

@MaddyLaurent: FINALLY I can say it, David looked sooooo good in Zane's 200th video

Zane replied.

@ZaneHijazi: and to think you met him when he had braces and looked like a fucking tool yet you still stayed friends with him... good things happen to those who wait

---------

So their relationship is out.... I may double post give me 5 minutes to decide lol