Mysterious Fathoms Below

It was a foggy grey day at sea. The fog made it somewhat hard to see what was ahead. But a good captain could always see where he was going.

This captain especially. The captain's name was Raphael, he was the captain of the RMS Millennium. He was the best captain out of the kingdom and was currently steering the ship back towards the kingdom. He smiled as he heard his crew singing to pass the time as they did their jobs. Like any sailor on the sea would do.

"I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue
And it's hey to the starboard, heave-ho
Look out, lad, a mermaid be waiting for you
In mysterious fathoms below"

As the crew sang, one man stood out from the rest. He was dressed in a pair of black pants, a white shirt with his sleeves rolled to his elbows, brown boots on his feet and a red belt around his waist. The man had tanned skin, brown hair, and blue eyes like the ocean. A smiled grazed his face as he took a breath, inhaling the scent of salt water. Beside him was his dog, Blue.

"Isn't this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face . . . a perfect day to be at sea!" he said, Blue barking in response. On the side of the ship, a man was leaned over the side of the ship. This man's name was Coran. He was dressed in black pants, a blue shirt, a black jacket with thin long sleeves and brown knee length boots. The man had tanned skin, orange hair and had an orange mustache.

Now usually Coran was all for sailing, but today his stomach didn't agree with him being on the sea. "Oh yes . . . delightful . . . ." he leaned back over emptying his stomach once more.

On the deck a sailor was pulling a rope and seemed to be struggling a little with it "A fine strong wind and a following sea," Lance jumped down from his spot and helped the sailor with the rope.

"King Shiro must be in a friendly-type mood," Lance turned to the sailor.

"King Shiro?" another sailor who was an elderly man spoke up picking fish out of the net.

"Why, ruler of the merpeople, lad. Thought every good sailor knew about him".

Coran had joined them once his stomach settled,

"Merpeople! Lance, pay no attention to this nautical nonsense," Lance pouted.

"But I've always heard the stories about King Shiro" Coran scoffed.

"Like I said it's nothing but nonsense," the sailor popped up behind Coran, fish in hand.

"But it ain't nonsense, it's the truth! I'm telling you, down in the depths o' the ocean they live," the sailor said as he flung the fish up to Coran's face, the fish slipping out of his hand.

The fish's fin slapped Coran's face a few time before plunging back into the ocean.

"Heave. ho. Heave, ho.
In mysterious fathoms below"

Once back in the water the fish let out a sigh of relief. The fish began to swim home, passing by beautiful coloured reefs and eventually came to a castle. This castle was made of beautiful gold walls and stood tall and proud, right in the middle of the kingdom. This kingdom's name was Altea.

At the moment the castle was very busy, merpeople and sea creatures alike were gathering in the castle to watch a performance by the king's 6 daughters. And making his first concert appearance was his youngest child, his son Keith.

As everyone got settled in a fanfare began to play gathering everyone's attention. A small orange sea horse appeared and cleared his throat.

"Ahem . . . His royal highness, King Shiro!" the crowd cheered as Shiro entered in a carriage being pulled by two dolphins. With his triton in hand Shiro lit up the chandelier at the top of the room and gold dust fell down to the crowd. The seahorse spoke once more.