Part 1

No Feelings

A short story by Inbar Friedman

​A soft electric hum greeted me at the edge of consciousness. However, what caught my attention and gave me the desire to claw through the fog of sleep was the human humming that accompanied it. I picked at the crusties that had built up in the corner of my eyes over night before rubbing them and prying them open.

​The coupled hums were coming from my bathroom, the door to which I could see was ajar from where I was laying in bed. I sat up to get a better look. There she was, shaking her cute little ass to the tune she was humming as she bit down on her electric toothbrush. I liked that ass, especially when it was inside a pair of my boxers as it was now. Or naked, I liked it then, too. I threw the comforter off me and got out of the bed, picking up a pair of boxers that lay on the floor from last night and sliding them on.

​I crept quietly up to the bathroom door and pressed myself against the wall before peaking inside. Neither her dancing nor her humming faltered. She hadn't noticed me. In one motion, I jumped into the bathroom and grabbed her around her waist, tackling her from behind with a growl.

​She screamed as I, still holding her by her thin middle, lifted her off the pale tile and spun her around. When I finally set her down, she turned to face me, pursing her lips into an angry scowl that didn't reach her eyes. I knew I wasn't in trouble. There was toothpaste all over her face. I tried my hardest to hold back a laugh but she still heard it.

​"Shut the fuck up, Gavin," she snapped and turned back around to the sink where she spat and then filled her mouth with water. She swished it around as she rinsed her face clean of the white foam. I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't seem to convince myself of the importance of biting my tongue on this one. I would just have to suffer the consequences. And knowing Kindra, there would be consequences.

​"You missed a spot." The intentionally provoking words were barely past my lips when a large stream of water sloshed itself without warning right into my face. I took a moment to realize what had occurred as a lovely pair of hazel eyes studied me from a distance that was really quite small, as if waiting for my next move.

​"Did you just spit in my face?" I asked in disbelief. She bit her lip and quirked an eyebrow.

​"What you gonna do about it?" I must have played some sort of emotion that gave me away because there was an instant where fear colored her face before she ran back into the bedroom. I charged in after her and tackled her onto the floor right as she was sprinting for the door. I pinned her there face down into the carpet, sitting on her back.

​I scooped up her auburn locks and held them up, both so that I could see her face that hid beneath them and so that I would gain a little more leverage on the feisty chick I was straddling.

​"Apologize," I commanded.

​"What for?" She said in a strained voice as she struggled to throw me off.

​"For being an evil little shit," I laughed out loud, maniacally, knowing very well who the real evil little shit between the two of us was.

​"Never!" She bellowed, theatrically.

​"You really don't have very many options here, Sweetheart," I reasoned evilly, grinning from ear to ear.

​"Bite me. I won't do it." At this my sly grin only grew. I leaned in close, bringing my lips to the hollow where her ear and neck connected.

​"Well, since you asked so nicely," I whispered and gave her a little nip. She gasped, much to my delight. My boxers shifted.

​"I'm still waiting for that apology," I whispered, not having moved a millimeter away from her sweet skin.