Chapter I

Summer's POV:

I stood to the side of the elevator as Qrow, Raven, Tai, and I went up to Ozpin's office. "Anyone curious to what the mission is?" Qrow just shrugged, Tai looked at Raven giving her a smirk to which she moved to the other side of Qrow, then looked at me. "No clue, but I'm sure it's important since he didn't give the details over your scroll." He accepted that as an answer since he just nodded and looked back at the floor counter. I noticed every few minutes he would stare at me before looking away all the way up to Ozpin's office. Once we arrived we all stood in front of his desk and waited for him to ask us about taking this mission. "Summer, I have a mission for you. A solo mission." Tai walked in front of me in protest till Qrow pulled him back and told him to hold his horses. "There's apparently someone going from village to village looking for something specific and is extremely dangerous." Tai quickly asked after getting away from Qrow. "Then why are you sending her alone!? Why not let us all go to watch her back!?" Ozpin signed and got up from his seat while responding. "I'm afraid she isn't the only one with a similar mission Tai." He looked Tai dead in the eyes then me. "So we each have to go after a different person?" Raven asked. Ozpin took a drink from his mug before answering, "Yes. Each person is in a different kingdom searching each village they come across, but two of you are gonna have to go to Mistral in search of one of them." Qrow looked at me before giving Tai and Raven the same look. "So uh, who wants to go after the guy in Atlas?" Raven face palmed while Tai cringed at his question. I was about to volunteer till Ozpin told Qrow to go and Raven and Tai should go after the man in Mistral to which he didn't like. He told Raven and Tai to start heading out towards Mistral and then got to me. Before Tai left he told me to be careful and followed after Raven before she could leave him. I looked back at Ozpin and cautiously waited for him to give me the details. "Summer you're gonna have the most dangerous of the three. I want you to find and stop him as best as you can." I looked at him and asked, "With or without the-" "Don't use it no matter what! We don't know what they're looking for, and we don't want them finding something else to find. You're part of the best team in Beacon, you don't need to use it." I nodded in agreement before standing next to Qrow which I know he heard everything before the elevator came back up. We entered and pressed the button going back to the bottom floor and waited as we went down. Along the way down I noticed Qrow staring at me curiously probably about what Ozpin said back to me up there. "Hey Summer?" I looked at him. "Hmm?" "Mind telling me what that was about back up there? About the thing you were gonna ask?" I looked away and nodded no. "I don't want to talk about it. He's been on me ever since I was kidnapped by that pirate almost two years ago." Qrow looked like he wanted to ask again but kept quiet and didn't say anything for the rest of the way down. As we got to the main floor we disembarked towards the docks and waited for a bullhead to arrive for each of us. While we waited Qrow kept staring at me still wondering what was Ozpin talking about. I tried to keep my cool, but man was I failing miserably. "Okay! Okay! I'll tell you a little. It has to deal with my eyes, why they're silver." Qrow nodded off to me to continue as he listened. "I apparently have a special power hidden away inside me that can be used to balance evil and good, but I still don't know how to use it. He told me if I use it too much it'll become something else entirely and corrupt me." Qrow looked at me and responded, "Well we wouldn't want that to happen now would we?" "Yeah, but when I was with that pirate, he seemed to know more about it that Ozpin and said that the user can expand the Silver Eyes power if they focus and use it right." "So you trust the word of a pirate? Let alone the same guy who kidnapped you for a month?" He smirked knowing how much I hate it when he asks those kinds of questions. I stayed silent and pouted as he rubbed my head and laughed till we heard a engine getting closer. A bullhead landed in front of us and Qrow was nice enough to let me take it to my destination while saying, "Stay safe Summer." "I will" I responded as the side door closed.