Chapter Two

Two days later

"Are you and Alex okay? You only want sex with me this much when things aren't okay." Camila says softly as they lay together in her bed.

"He's been in a mood all week. I don't know what's wrong, he won't tell me." Lucy responded.

Shifting, Camila looks into her eyes. "You can stay here if you want."

"I need to get home, cover my tracks." Lucy responded, sitting up.

Nodding, Camila sits up and pulls Lucy into a rough and needy kiss, letting it last for a few minutes before pulling away. "You can always come back, ditch Alex."

Lucy shook her head. "Not happening."

"Why not? He pulls away from you and talks down on you a lot." Camila says softly, caressing Lucy's cheek.

"Because I love him." Lucy pulled away. "I have to go." She left before Camila could protest.

Sighing, Camila drops back on the bed. She knew Lucy would come back, she always did.

Lauren's quiet groaning caught her attention. The younger girl refused to take food from Camila and had barely had anything to drink. She was dehydrating quickly.

Getting up, Camila pulls on some sweatpants and makes her way to the living room. "You need to eat and drink."

Lauren stared at Camila blankly.

"Sit up." Camila says softly, opening a bottle of water that was on the table.

Lauren didn't move. She just stared at Camila. "Please kill me." She begged.

"I can't Lauren, that's what you don't seem to understand." Camila breathes out.

"Why?" Lauren asked weakly. She could barely keep herself awake.

Taking a deep breath, Camila cups Lauren's cheek. "Because I want to be with you."

"Why?" Lauren breathed. "You could have gone about I this in the right way, meeting me properly." Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I'm a serial killer Lauren, it's not like I could walk up to you on the streets and be like, 'Hey, I kill people for a living, wanna go out with me?' and you be okay with it." Camila says softly.

Lauren turned her head away from Camila weakly and held back a sob. She just wanted this all to be over. She still didn't understand what she'd done to deserve this.

"I'm sorry for all of this, but please eat and drink so that I know you're okay. So our baby will be okay." Camila takes another deep breath. "I'll stop killing, for you."

Lauren ignored Camila. The thing was, she wasn't okay and Camila would never understand why she was never going to be okay again.

"Please, talk to me?" Camila begs softly.

"I just want to go home." Lauren whispered.
Taking a deep breath, Camila looks down. "I wish I could allow that, but I can't."

Lauren went silent. She stared blankly at the back of the couch.

"Please drink some of this water?" Camila begs softly.

Lauren didn't move, her breathing had slowed signaling she'd drifted off to sleep.

Sighing, Camila sits the water bottle down and lifts Lauren, carrying her to the bedroom. She lay Lauren down on the bed and watched her sleep. The younger girl looked so peaceful in her sleep.

Laying down beside her, the serial killer sighs softly. She turned her head to look at Lauren. The younger girl had dark circles around her eyes and her lips were dry.