Chapter Five: Everything coming up Spencer

THIS IS JAMES'S POV SO IDK HOPE Y'ALL LIKE IT hehehehe

"James!"

I shake my head, not today I am way to tired today. I groan as my door flies open.

"You guys suck." I tell Kyle, Derek, and Steve as they bust into my room.

"And you don't lock your door." Kyle responds ever so loudly. "Were you expecting someone?" he asks slyly.

"Maybe a certain-" I smash my hand over Steve's mouth.

"Oh don't be shy James you chose a good girl. Taylor looked hot last night." Kyle laughs.

I get up and push him over, he doesn't have the right. Doesn't have the right to say I like Taylor and definitively doesn't have the right to call her hot. He doesn't know her.

"Woah, woah there hulk, you can't get too jealous." Derek smirks.

"I don't even like her!" I shout.

"Oh of course not." Kyle laughs, getting up and transitioning into a falsetto, "'Oh I don't know, I just like being around her and she's pretty but oh does she like me?' Pathetic dude."

I push him again, he stays on his feet this time. That is not what I said. Ok maybe it's close. But I made it sound better.

"You are pathetic dude." Steven comments.

"And based off last night-" Derek starts.

"Yeah about last night you could not have been more obvious!" I shout at Kyle.

"She didn't notice." Derek responds.

"And you!" I exclaim, "You just acted creepy!"

"And you protected her! See we made you look like a hero with out even meaning to!" Kyle announces, clapping his hands together.

"You guys are heading towards an early death and shallow graves." I mutter.

"Oh please, if you don't have the guts to ask out a girl like Taylor you don't have the guys to kill us." Steve scoffs.

That ignites something. Who the hell does he think he is? "A girl like Taylor? What the hell is that supposed to mean!" I growl, clenching my fists and walking towards them.

"Oh you know it's just not like she's Eliza Wood or something." Steve answers.

That's it. I swing my fist which momentarily contacts with Steve's jaw until Derek pulls me away.

"What the hell?!" Steve yells. Kyle chuckles, he knows how much I hate Eliza.

She's the most popular and bitchy girl in school who also happens to think I love her. It is my life's goal to see a 'for sale' sign in front of her house. She has a habit of each week pointing out the girl she thought was the nerdiest and ugliest. For five weeks in a row it was Taylor.

The thought alone makes me want to hit her, which, of course, I didn't. I had simply made it very clear I would rather date Taylor than her. Not clear enough though because Eliza was back two weeks later laughing about it.

"Eliza Wood can go-" I get cut off by Derek.

"Woah there little buddy lets not say something we'll regret."

"I wouldn't regret anything." I mutter. Derek only calls me 'little buddy' when he or I am really pissed. It doesn't help Derek is 6'9: over 5 inches taller than me.

"Ok, ok, sorry. Eliza's a bitch. Still I don't know what you see in Taylor." Steve shrugs.

"I don't see anything cause I don't like her!" I snap. That's what I tell myself every day, every time I see her. I know it's a lie. She's beautiful even though she doesn't know it, she's smart even though she does know it, and ever since I first laid my eyes on her when I was 7 I knew I wanted her to like me.