Chapter 25: Interception

Vicky's POV

"Esther, you want to rethink this?"

"No," she states mater of factly.

I watch her pack the kits and other survelliance materials in a bag. She looks confident despite this being her first time playing spy kid.

"You know we could just report to the police. Let them take things from here." I try reasoning with her. "For heaven's sake Esther, Ocean breeze is off limits..."

"For you." she straps her backpack, using her free hand to grab a milk shake.

Running down the stairs once more, I give another thousand reasons why we should report to the police but she insists otherwise.

"Fine. If weren't going to the police at least let's call Nancy. She deserves to know what we're up to."

"We'll call Nancy when we get there. Can you just stop being a fuzzy pants." she drops the contents of her bag on the backseat of the car.

"Are you kidding me?"

"No I'm not. You're driving and I'm tracking."

"Esther I swear you're the most crazy human being alive. What do we explain to the police if they stop us with all these behind?"

"Blah blah blah. I've got fast fingers. They'll be in the bag before you say Jack."

Sighing I start the car and begin driving.

The town looks normal except from the absence of kids on the streets. Ever since mystery man stormed Lakeview, parents had become extra careful with their children and wards.

I take a left turn and now we're currently on the high road. The road to Orlando's looks deserted. Due to fear of the police I avoided going through the normal route. The high way is safe for now.

"Damn, Vicky I need you to take a U-turn. Like now," she screams resulting to my forceful stomp on the brake.

"Esther," I scream at her. "You could have killed us you know."

"I'm sorry but we've got to get going. Gozie's is in trouble."

I turn sharply to her. This is very confusing.

"I don't understand. How does this relate to Gozie?"

"I don't fully understand but what I think is that Gozie must have been attacked. The last note Tammy received was about him and Nancy is yet to return my calls and..."

I didn't need another shouting order to make a U-turn. Things were beginning to make sense.
Like how Lakeview community is so fucked up and got us all secondary students involved.

"Victoria be fast."

"Oh please I'm going as fast as I can. I'm already on ninety and I can see the Heavens open already." I grit my teeth as my knuckles were beginning to burn from my tight grip on the steering.

Luckily, traffic is minimal and I'm free to showcase my formula 1 talent on the streets of Lakeview.

"Jesus!"

"What again." I roll my eyes again.

"I finally get what mystery man is trying to do."

"Okay." I nod, not understanding her at all.

"The news says Gozie was involved in an accident...shush." She shuts me up before I have a chance to interrupt her.

Swallowing deeply my grip on the wheel gets tighter as we approach the community again.