Chapter 10.

Qrows POV:

"Thank you very much sir" I said sincerely as the main handed me the documents. He smiled and I walked out of the office. I had just gotten the legal documents from Child Protective Services and was now legally able to remove Y/N from that house. Heh, "house". I shook my head in disappointment as I was making my way out of the building. "I'm on my way Boy" I said confidently as I went on my way to save Y/N.

Y/Ns POV:

I was done with it all. Done with waiting. I couldn't bare to be here any longer. Qrow was just...taking too long. I'm sure he means well but I just can't wait anymore. I decided....it's best I take matters into my own hands and run away. I sighed as I looked in my closet and saw my little backpack, sitting there collecting dust. I grabbed it and shook it out getting off all the dust. I didn't have anything to pack, but it would still be useful if I find anything on my travels. I placed it beside my desk and sighed. I then started feeling a sharp pain in my head. I held my temples as I keeled down weakly, the pain only intensifying. "Aaagh! Aaah!" I yelled in pain as I shook my head violently. The pain just wasn't going away. Soon, I heard the door to my room being knocked on aggressively. "Y/N WHATS WRONG!? WHAT'S HAPPENING!?" I heard summer yelling. The pain had just stopped just as suddenly as it started. I was already on the floor curled into a fetus, tears down my face. I whimpered as I kept my hands on my temples, shivering from the sudden brain attack I had just had. Soon the door had been unlocked and flung open. Summer rushed at me and dropped to her knees, cupping my head in her lap. "Sweetie sweetie shhhhh it's ok. Mommy's here ok, it's ok, it's ok" she tried comforting me but I just started shaking more. "Y/N what happened darling? What's wrong?" She spoke softly. I shifted away from her, my hands still on my temples. "I-I'm fine" I spat. She started crawling toward me. "Y/N please just let me help y-" "I said. I'm. Fine." I said coldly, glaring at her, tears still rushing down my cheeks. She was going to say something but hung her head in defeat. "O...ok..." she said as she got up, wiping her eyes as she walked out. I cringed as I stood up weakly rubbing my head. "That...really hurt" I mumbled as I laid down on my mattress. Not long after, I saw ruby and yang peek into my room. "H-hi brother" ruby said nervously. I turned away from them, hoping they would get the message. It was silent for a while but then I heard footsteps getting louder. I turned and saw them both on their knees just staring at me. "A-are you ok?" Yang asked with a worried look on here face. I simply nodded. I was about to turn around again when ruby grabbed my shoulder preventing me from rolling over. I looked at her frusterated and noticed her other hand behind your back. "Brother...um...me and yang made you something..." she said nervously as she pulled her arm from behind her and handed me a card. I looked at it and it was a drawing of 3 figures. A girl with shoulder length red and black hair, another girl with yellow hair and a boy H/C-H/C, intending to be us three. We are all holding hands and smiling. Above us, read the words "we love you" I took the card and opened it and read it to myself.

'Youre the best little brother in the world and we love you with all our heart'

It read. I sighed and shook my head, handing the card back to her. She looked at me confused. "N-no silly it's for you" she said, a shy smile on her face. I shook my head. "I don't want it" I said firmly. Her eyes widened and I saw the tears building up in her eyes. "B-but...I worked so hard on it..we worked so hard on it" she said with a broken voice. Yang looked at me with a sad face. "Brother...please accept it...we really are sorey for what weve done..." she said. I sghed taking the cards "fine" I said, my voice laced with annoyance. They wiped their eyes and began smiling. They both leant in to hug me but I backed up. "Please done touch me" I said, taking them by surprise. "Oh...ok.." they both said sadly. We sat there in awkward silence for a little before I broke it. "Please get out" I said. They looked at me, clearly hurt by what I said. "B-but brother, we-" "Please....just leave" I said, sighing heavily. They were both now on the verge of crying again. They just nodded in defeat and walked out of my room. I stood up and closed the door. Locking it. "I've got to do this now" I said as I looked outside to see the sun setting. I opened my window and grabbed my bag, putting it on. I climbed out the window and placed my feet on the roof underneath. Then carefully slid down it and one of my cuts had accidentally opened, bleeding intensely. I winched in pain as i carefully hung off the gutter before dropping onto the lawn. Without any hesitation, I sprinted out of the yard and straight into the forest to God knows where.

Qrows POV:

I had just pulled up at the house. I got out of my car and made my way to the front door, knocking on the door. I waited patiently before the door opened to reveal summer. Her eyes were swollen and bloodshot. She wiped them once more, sniffling. She's been crying. "Hi qrow.." she said looking at me. I sighed. "Hello summer, I'm here to pick Y/N up" I said calmly. She looked at me confused. "Are you taking him out?" She asked. "No. I'm taking him home" I said sternly. She looked at me, even more confused. "Sorry, what do you mean?" She asked tilting her head. "I mean this summer" I held up the CPS notice. She took it and read it, her eyes widened. "N-no qrow please" she pleaded. I shook my head and stepped into the house making my way towards the stairs when I felt her grab my arm. "Qrow...don't do this please. Just g-give me another chance ok? Don't take away my baby boy" she said. I looked back and saw her crying again. I sighed. "I'm sorry summer but...you did this to yourself" I said shaking my head as I pulled away from here and made my way upstairs. "NO! PLEASE DONT TAKE HIM!" I heard her yell. She was chasing after me up the stairs so I bolted up and to his room. "Y/N! Come out boy! It's me uncle qrow! I'm here to take you h-" before I could finish my sentence I was tackled to the floor. Summer was on top of me, her hands around my neck. "NO! YOURE NOT TAKING AWAY MY BABY! JUST LEAVE US ALONE!" She screamed. I managed to push her off of me and saw ruby and yang looking up at me with a worried face. "A-are you really gonna take him away?" Ruby asked, tearing up. "Yes ruby, he's not safe here, not with any of you" I spoke honestly. Yang then stepped forward growling. "You aren't taking little brother anywhere!" She screamed as she lunged at me, trying to punch me. I easily dodged and pushed her to the floor. She winched in pain and I soon felt punches at my back. I turned to see ruby weakly hitting me as she cried. "You can't have my little brother!" She screamed. I sighed and pushed her over. "Get out of my house, or else..." I heard summer speak. "Or else wha-" I turned to her to see her aiming her sniper at me, tears rushing down her face. "Or else I'll kill you" she said angrily. "Like I said, you aren't taking him...anywhere..." she spoke harshly. "Summer...you have to understand..he's not safe here" I said calmly as I looked at her. Her crying intensified. "I KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG OK!? I KNOW WHAT I DID AND I REGRET EVERY FUCKING SECOND OF IT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I HATE MYSELF FOR WHAT IVE DONE! ALL I WANT IS A SECOND FUCKING CHANCE TO PROVE THAT I LOVE HIM! THATS ALL I WANT DAMN IT!" She screamed, becoming unsteady. She continued to shout as she swung the gun around. "You can't have him....he's MY son and you can't take him away from me.." she spoke sadly, looking down as she cried. Not even realising it, she pulled the trigger. It grazed my arm and I flinched in pain holding where it grazed. It stung but it was anything major. I then noticed the bullet had destroyed the door handle to Y/Ns room. I pushed it open. "Y/N w-...Y/N?" I looked around and saw nothing. Nobody in there.I I saw the window was wide open. I panicked. I looked back in the hallway. "Summer, he's gone!" I yelled. She stood up and rushed into the room and looked around frantically. "W-what!?" She yelled in a panic. Ruby and yang soon ran in too. "Wheres baby brother!?" They shouted. We all looked out the window and saw a dry blood trail that went down the roof. My eyes widened as I ran out of the room, hearing summer's cries. "MY BABY!" I heard her scream as hers, ruby's and yangs cries could be heard. I got outside and saw the blood trail, barely, going into the forest. "Damn it Y/N.." I said frustrated and worryingly as I rushed In the forest to find him, the girls cries echoing.

(Sorry I haven't been updating this story much! Here's a short little chapter to make up for it! I really hope its good enough since I rushed this! > <)