Game Over... Part 2

I hope you enjoy! <3

*Thump* ...*Thump* ... *Thump*

Complete and utter silence as his heart echo'd in the dark, empty abyss, Pumping over and over again, gradually getting faster. The sound driving him slowing insane. *Thump* ...*Thump* ... *Thump*. Over and over again beating and thriving in his body as his head pounds on him like a mallet to a gong. A slight ringing in his left ear, more faint in his right but still there. Ringing and ringing for who knows how long. How can you tell time with no clock. No sunlight, no moonlight, no to anything and everything. Nothing but the big empty abyss.

It is only then that he realizes his eyes are closed.

His eyes are closed and his body feels heavy. He can't bring himself to open his eyes as the light already protruding his eyelids was too painful. The weight pushing him down on this hard, cold surface below him. No warmth to be sought out by anything. Everything is starting to ache. His ears continue to ring, his heart still beating faster than he can help, his eyes clamped shut out of pain, his head still ticking like an alarm.

Alarm.

The word triggering something in his body, making him shiver. His ears start to burn as the ringing intensifies. His heart rate begins to spike and his body becomes more stiff and heavy. His head aches more now than every and all because of a stupid alarm.

With all the strength he can muster he opens his left eyes only to clamp it shut once more from the high exposure of light. He tries again but puts some power into his arm to move to cover his eyes to help adjust to his new surroundings. "..ughh..." He couldn't tell his surroundings. The groggy sound that left his mouth made him realize he could move his mouth. His dry mouth, champed lips and scuffed voice reminds him of Monday mornings. Unpleasant, irritable, ominous... All the words he could think of without overexerting himself too much.

As he came back from his thought he could see something emitting light in his peripherals. Something far out shiny and as bright as can be. The only light source for miles from what he can tell. His only question is what is it? His question lead to more to be wondered. What's this light and where is it coming from? How is it powered with nothing else around? Why is it so fucking bright?!

All these questions came flooding into his head and only then he processed what was happening to him. Only then did he finally ask the star question.

"Where..am I?"

Such an interesting question. His location, how could he possibly find that out? With nothing but pitch black and a giant ominous glow in the distance, how could he find where he was? There was nothing distinctive about his surrounds other than the bright light in the far distant abyss. Nothing to guide him, aid him in his struggle to regain control over his aching body, nothing to help his headache, nothing to help him at all.

He was alone and.. afraid.

"What happened? What could have possibly happened to bring me here?"

He tried recollecting his thoughts and previous memories only to draw a blank. Nothing came to him. No memories of what family he might have had, friends he could have made, love ones he could have cared for, children he could have raised, nothing came to him. Not even his own name. His name... This is what really caught him off-guard. It wasn't the fact that he couldn't remember his name. It was what made him forget his name that made him questioned what had happened to whoever he was.