2

Rye's POV

"Boyfriend?" my new manager smirked at me as i got in the car.

I shook my head, though i wish i could say yes, "nah, best mate."

He nodded slowly as we waved to Mikey, and we were gone.

I'd stayed in his last night, one last night of crazy before my life changed. It'd been amazing, i was going to miss nights like that, me and Mikey. Even despite his family coming to interrupt every now and then, it was perfect.

It wasn't too long a drive til we were there, and I looked up at the block of flats. Excited, nervous, happy, sad, terrified, but when Blair led me up to the flat, every emotion turned into excitement.

"Of course you know Andy," Blair nodded.

I smiled, "yeah. Good to see you again!"

"You too, bud!" he smiled, hugging me.

"I'll let you both get settled," Blair said before heading to his room.

"Here, this is our room," Andy led me to my new bedroom.

I nodded, "this is awesome..."

"Isn't it?!" he agreed excitedly, "and we have a trialist coming soon, the day after tomorrow I think."

"So they could be joining us?"

"Yep, he's gonna stay with us for a bit and see how he likes it," Andy explained.

"Sounds good," I nodded.

---

Andy and I spent the rest of the night, and the next day getting to know each other, he told me about his life and I told him about mine. I may have accidentally on purpose left out the part where I fancy my best mate, but I told him all about Mikey and my friends, family, everything.

He told me about his family, that he was an only child, and that it was mad to think I had three brothers, and I assured him jokingly that he got the good end of the deal. He laughed and hit me lightly over the head, cursing at me for saying such a thing.

Maybe this was a good thing, maybe I only felt like I did towards Mikey because I was around him so much. Space could do us some good. Speaking of Mikey though, I hadn't spoken to him. Of course I'd texted when I got here but I hadn't actually heard his voice since I left.

"I need to call Mikey," i said mid conversation, "sorry- i uh- just realised..."

"Go ahead," he chuckled, "i don't mind."

"Thanks," i smiled, dialling his number on my phone.

He picked up after a couple of rings, "hey Beaumont!"

"Hey Coben!" I smirked, knowing that pissed him off.

"And just when I'd started to miss you," he said, voice teasing.

"Hey, you still miss me!"

"Yeah I guess I do," he laughed, "how's your new band treating you anyway?"

"It's great! Andy's awesome and we've got a new guy coming in the morning," I told him.

"Sounds alright," he smirked, "this Andy one better not replace me as your best friend though..." i could hear a smirk in his voice but a seriousness behind it.

I scoffed, "no one, and I mean no one, could ever replace the one and only Michael Cobban."

"Good," he chuckled, "well, I'll let you go, but you've still got to call me, yeah?"

"Every day?" i smirked.

"Everytime you think of me," he said with a playful tone.

"Baby, I never stop thinking about you," I said teasingly.

"Stop, you're making me swoon!" he laughed.

God, I loved him. As a friend, definitely as a friend...

"Sorry! I'll call you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Make sure you do!"

"I promise, I'll call you tomorrow," I said and walked into Andy, "Andy, I've gotta call Mikey tomorrow, yeah? Don't let me forget."

Andy nodded, "of course, mate. I'll just put call your boyfriend on your to do list..." he smirked.

"Shut up," i laughed, and I heard Mikey's cute little chuckle through the phone, "done. Call you tomorrow!"

"Have fun, love ya!" he smirked.

"Love you too," i smirked back before the line ended.

"So this Mikey," Andy smirked, "you sure he's not your boyfriend?"