Chapter 9

My eyes slowly started to open again, and my mind didn't feel like it was in lala land...

I wake up to find myself lying back on a grassy hill with a view of vicinity with over a 20-mile radius. The store lights turning on one by one as the sky darkens each minute. The wind is blowing lightly on my shivering face. The rest of my body... I can feel the wind hitting against my clothes, yet no wind chill. I feel what's on my body: the softest furriest sweatshirt ever!!

That's right... Jason's sweatshirt. Thank goodness he gave it to me. I do need it. Heck, I want it! All my other sweatshirts are rather heavy on me because I used to have a much larger body.... This one, though... though it looks really huge, it fits... perfectly....

Wait, Jason. Jason?

I look around aimlessly for him all around me until I realized that I had to look at the rock facing the bright full moon.

The howl of a wolf is like none other. It's not like a puppy's whimper. It's not like a hyena's laugh. And it's not like a bulldog's growl. A howl.

AHH-OOOOOOOOO goes the wolf. It's not so much intimidating as it is attractive. To howl with a full moon- wait, full moon?! How long was I asleep?! Curse you, Griffon...

Don't blame me. Prime Omega requested.

Jason? Jason!

Ah-ooooooooooo...... goes Jason's howl. Distinguishable for a wolf, yet so soft. I would have thought that he'd-

AH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he goes! Why couldn't I have super ears that can control what they hear... My ears are ringing with the same howl repeating over and over in my head as though the sound wave is trapped in my skull!

"Jason!" I shouted, though I could hardly hear myself at first, but when I said the second syllable of his name I could hear how loud I actually was, which made him flinch a bit. But, instead of being startled, he turned around to stare me in the eyes. Yeah, that was a mistake, for he instantly shut his eyes and looked at me a little more respectfully.

His hair is spiked up, somewhat like Griffon's. His ears are puffed up and out and pretty hairy. It would usually be a turnoff, but on a wolf? It's pretty adorable! His hands were pretty hairy, too, but they weren't full-out claws ready to tear me apart. His clothes covered almost the rest of his body. His face, the only thing I missed were the cute black nose that didn't develop into a snout and the shiny sky blue eyes. His eyes, if mine aren't mistaken, were flickering between the blue and a pitch white, as though his soul is still being completely cleansed from all the abuse he suffered. Still, to have blue eyes as a werewolf when your actual eye color is hazel... What am I talking about, both are neat eye colors!

The very last thing I noticed was the dark white scent emanating from his body... There were slight traces of the bright black odor, most likely from killing his wolf mother, but I could see his aura was slowly changing the color, the brightness, and ultimately the scent of that evil energy.

The moon is out, full and bright white. Surrounded by the billions of twinkling stars in the sky, the moon's rays pierce through any clouds that drift in their path, allowing for a beautiful and awing sight to behold. Before, I couldn't imagine anything to make such a scene more glamorous... until I saw Jason, standing upon the rock and howling at the moon. His back turned towards me. His hind paws dug into the rock. His snout directed up to the sky. I hate when people block my view of midnight beauty... this time, the midnight beauty is complementing that of a werewolf's...