Chapter 34: Rain

Seokjin sniffled, wiping the last hot tear away from his cheek before composing himself and collecting the food. He wasn't that hungry but he knew that if he wandered around his donsaengs would get worried and even more hungry.

He could see the illuminate 'open' sign glowing in the distance hanging against the window as his white trainers patted against the puddles. He wasn't feeling good, he had always carried a regret after that night, one that made him feel ashamed and embarrassed, how could he have been so reckless?

"Sir?" Seokjin snapped his head to the man behind the brick wall who was waiting patiently for his order.

The boy hadn't even realised how long he stood there just staring into space before the man had interrupted him, "Oh, Sorry.-" Seokjin started but got interrupted by the ringing of the bell signalling that someone had entered.

"Oh my gosh! Can you believe it? It's definitely a publicity act like who the hell would do that? seriously it's messed up." A teenage girl entered with her friend talking passionately as they waited behind Seokjin who tried his hardest to ignore them.

"U-Um two portions of lamb skewers please." Seokjin smiled still in a daze as the man nodded and asked for the two teenagers to order.

Seokjin sighed as he sat down, the smell of take-away food making his nose scrunch up in disgust but his stomach grumble in hunger. His gaze dropped to the floor and he instinctively pulled his hat down lower to cover his face when the girls sat next to him.

"I don't know, why would they want to fake something like that just for publicity? They're famous enough Yoona do you seriously think that they need any more attention? And I'm pretty sure that in the unlikely event that they did they wouldn't fake three of their members' deaths." She replied matter of factly while scrolling through her phone. Seokjin bit his lip anxiously, is this what people thought? Were people really debating whether or not their whole situation was true?

"H-Hey look at the guy next to me." Seokjin heard the girl closest to her whisper, his heart started to race.

He was really not in the mood for fan girls.

He coughed clearing his throat and pulled out his phone pretending to act busy but before he knew it he was already being interrupted.

"H-Hey Jin-oppa. We're sorry to hear about you're band mates." The shortest girl spoke with her head hung low.

"J-Jin-Oppa? Can you sign this for me?" The girl who he remembered as 'Yoona' asked impatiently pointing at her shirt.

Seokjin huffed, this bitch was really getting on his nerves. "Sorry, I don't have a pen." He replied watching as the girl's smile dropped. "Uh, can you at least tell Jiminnie-oppa that I love him?" She asked with a disrespectful tone making Seokjin scoff.

"Order number 8 please come and collect your food." The man from the kitchen shouted as a thin layer of sweat coated his forehead.

"Oh that's us! I'll get it." The tallest said sweetly leaving the other facing Seokjin in awe.

"Um I'm really sorry about her oppa, she has no respect please ignore her." Seokjin perked up his head a little at the girl's words, "I just want to say that your my bias and you're not alone, I know that right now must be really tough on all of you but please don't push yourselves, and take a break if you need to." She fidgeted with her fingers as she waited for a response.

Seokjin was taken back, he had not expected anything like that to come out of the girl's mouth, he smiled softly "thank you it means a lot, I now feel like I have a lot of strength." He chuckled a little making the girl smile brightly with her flustered cheeks.