|1|

ㅡaprilㅡ

april

AT an empty field but trees, cloud-filled skies above them, there stood arvel with the soothing wind made his hair moves slightly. a song called topik semalam by KUNTO AJI  flows from his earphones onto his ears , while leaning on one of the trees with his side body.

he took off his earphones as akela snucked her hands around his waists, "happy birthday!" she said and craned her neck to see his face.

arvel turned around and hugged her, since he's tall he rest his head on top of hers, "thank you."

eloise took out a piece of sticker, she peels off the front part and stick it on arvel's shirt. he looks down and smiles by the words written on it, best boy award.

she took out another sticker and placed it on his hands, "stick it for me, will you?" arvel sticked the sticker onto her shirt, best girl award.

then, eloise took his hands and took him to a sushi restaurant that they always come to. they walked in and eloise scanned the restaurant to find two seats for them. "there." arvel pointed at empty seats in the corner.

"what would you like to order?" the waitress enquired while holding a piece of paper to write down the ordered food.

"i wou-" eloise wants to order but got cut off by arvel.

"two salmon rolls, two spicy ramen, and two iced tea." arvel ordered as he knows what she wants.

the waitress wrote down the food and says, "thank you, your orders will be here soon."

arvel nodded and the waitress left their seats.

"arvel." she called him as she gave him a fake-pissed look because of interrupting her words.

"yah, that's what you and me always order for years." arvel said, but he got ignored by her, who is staring out the window. he waved his hand in front of eloise's face, to get her back into reality. "what?"

"what are you looking at?" arvel questioned as he put his hands down and looked outside.

"look." eloise said and pointed her fingers to a butterfly who is hanging out on the leaves outside close to the window. he looked at the butterfly she pointed at.

"i want to be a butterfly, i can fly with beautiful wings, and i go anywhere i want, i can go to my favorite country!" eloise wished while she's looking at it. arvel smiled, seeing his bestfriend admiring the butterfly.

"but i can't reach you," he said.