A Night of Drinking

Peter Hale's true blue eyes watch as the teenager rushes to get dressed. Without the rest of the Pack around, the poor girl had grown nervous about going to a party. Her deep violet off-the-shoulder dress sported a rather risque skater skirt, but was thankfully paired with a pair of black leggings and a pair of galaxy high top Converses.

"Do you have everything?" He asks, smiling at one of the few he considers pack.

"Yes. Keys. Wallet is in the car." She says as she wraps a two inch wide belt around her waist, just above the start of her skirt. "Phone is...downstairs. And..."

"Knife?" He questions, trying to spot where the hell she has it stashed.

"Why do you think I'm wearing this belt? Mrs. Yakimara gifted it to me a month before I left."

Peter blinks at the teenager, "I said knife not sword."

She snorts as she heads toward her bedroom door, Peter moving to follow, "Yeah, like hell I'm gonna go anywhere without it on my person after the last time I got jumped leaving a party."

Peter struggles to hold back the burning rage he feels when he recalls the damage that had been inflicted on the poor girl. And the reaction McCall had in response to the girl's dedication in her own survival.

"Alright, ground rules are..."

"Don't drink anything that I haven't poured or opened myself. Don't indulge in any illicit substances that are swallowed, snorted, injected or smoked through a pipe. Try not to stab any annoying teenagers, but if deserved make sure to clean up my mess, have a strong alibi and call you first."

The perfect recitation she gives causes him to smile genuinely at the teen paused by the front door. Stepping into her space, he takes a moment to drop a kiss on her brow, feeling the heavy contentment through their bond. He never thought he would have such a loyal pack member, someone who understood the reason he did the things he did.

"I leave tomorrow afternoon for a consultation, so I expect you home no later than three."

The girl nods against his chest before stretching up on the tip of her toes to rub her cheek against his own, leaving a faint trace of their scents mixing together.

"Alright. Let me know if it's anything you might need help with."

With those parting words, the teenager slips out the door, leaving the beta werewolf alone.

***

"Oh my God!! You look adorable, Lottie."

Charlie smiles at the compliment and is caught by surprise when the bubbly blonde embraces her. The utter happiness in the girl's aura causes Charlie's Spark to hum beneath her skin, the fledgling start of a bond thrumming in her chest. Patting Caroline awkwardly, she pulls out of the hug, only to have the blonde hook their arms together and drag her off to the drinks.

"No heels?"

Charlie snorts, "At a party in the woods? No. Far to liable to break something. Heels are for formal wear."

"I didn't know you owned anything that wasn't plaid." Caroline remarks, only for her eyes to widen, "And I mean...well it looks good on you."

"Relax, Princess. I dress for comfort when in school because I couldn't care less about popularity. Besides, it's a certified fact that if I went to a party wearing anything plaid, my friend Lydia back home would somehow know and my eardrums would become victims of aggressive torture."

Caroline laughs, and Charlie starts to wonder if her life is so unbelievable that people assume she's joking. She tastes Caroline's beer and makes a face at the flavor before she moves toward the liquor bottles. Grinning when she spots a bottle of Midori, she looks around for any sour pucker.