Chapter 10 (Lukes POV)

We've been on the tour bus for about 2 days now and I've been texting Brooke nonstop. Mostly conversations about nothing. Meaningless texts. Im thinking about calling her.. But what would I say?  And what would she think? I started to text her again, when Michael came in the room and glared at me. "Uh, you okay, Michael?" He sat down and looked at my phone, there was a half finished texting the screen.

Hey Brooke, I miss you so much. What are you do

He sighed and said, "Luke, why are you texting Brooke?" I look Michael straight in the eye. "I love her, and I miss her."

He looked down. "The last thing she needs is a boyfriend. Especially you, Luke." he admitted. "Whats that supposed to mean?" I say, offended. "Youre always on tour. You would never be able to see eachother. You wont be able to be there for her, when she really needs you most... You cant put her through that. I already do.."

Does he really feel that way?

"Michael, you do so much for your sister. She loves you. And I know that I am what is best for her. I want to protect her, and be there for her. Even if that means bringing het on tour with us."

"You cant bring her Luke. Dont you remember what happened a few days ago? Shes not like other girls." Michael said.

"Thats good. I dont like other girls. I like her. And if we cant bring her on tour then I will call her everyday, and write 1000 songs about her. I will do whatever I can to make her happy."

Im not lying, I love this girl so much. If only just met her, and I cant imagine my life without her.

Michael looks at me half confused, half shocked. "...You must really love her.. Dont you?"   "I do, Michael. I do. More than anything on this earth."

"Call her."

"I.. uh.. y-.." Im shocked. I cant get any words out so I just smile and hug Michael. I walk out of the back of the bus and into the main area. I realize that were parked near a beach so I decide to walk down to it and call Brooke. I arrive at the beach and sit on the sand, near the water. Its pretty late, and im watching the sunset across the horizon. Maybe I should ask her out. Isnt that bad to do over the phone? But Im too awkward to do it in person... Before Im done thinking about it, I realize I already dialed her up, and she answered.

"Hello?" I hear on the other line.

"H-ey Brooke." I stutter terribly.

"Are you okay?" She sounds worried.

"Oh, y- yeah! Im fine! How are you?" I ask, trying to sound casual.

"..Im good. It kinda sucks without you guys here, honestly..." She admits.

"I know the feeling.." I say quietly.

Were both silent for a while, until she finally says,

"Well, I think I should go..."

"No!" I blurt out without thinking.

I sigh and cringe at my stupidity.

"I mean, you can if you want. I just wanted to.. uh.. ask you something." I rub the back of my neck, nervously.

"Sure, what is it?"

"LUKE WANTS TO ASK YOU OUT" A voice from behind me yells. Its Ashton. Fuck.

"FUCK YOU ASHTON" I yell back.

I hear Brooke giggle in the phone.

"Ashtons a dick." I say, annoyed.

"Is what he said true?" I could hear her smiling through her words.

I dont say anything.

"Is that what you wanted to ask me?" She asks, suspiciously.

I stay quiet, Im too nervous.

She thinks for a minute and says, "Luke, go ahead. Ask me."

I sigh, getting ready to ask her.

"Brooke.. Will you uh... Will you go out with me?"