1 Preview

*Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.*
WARNING There's some cursing so yeah.

"Just go!"

"I don't want to! He is probably some ugly dude who can't get girls on his own."

Charlotte and her best friend, Lia, were arguing, that can be inferred. They were fighting over something so small. It was over a double date. Charlotte did not go on blind dates. Ever. She was not about to start now.

"Jasper said I have to find someone for his friend! Please! For me?"

"No."

"I'll pay you $100."

"Deal." Charlotte agreed, almost too quickly. She was a struggling college student. She took every dime she could get.

"Yay!" Lia exclaimed grinning, "Meet us at Fred Lobster tonight at eight. You better dress like a bad bitch or else I don't know you." Lia said.

Charlotte agreed and walked her to the door.

"My roomates going to be here soon. You know she hates everyone." She deadpanned.

"Your roommate is a big meanie. She threatened to run over my dog."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Charlotte pulled into the parking lot of Fred Lobster at 7:59. I exhaled a little too hard and exited her car. She smoothed her thigh-length black dress. It was a little chilly to be mid-August, so she grabbed her small jacket and walked towards the restaurant. In front she saw three people standing around out front. One of them turned around and spotted her.

"Bestie!" Lia exclaimed before running up to Charlotte and hugging her. Charlotte returned the hug and looked at the two people left behind. One of the men was brawny, while the other was more slim and tall. She advertised her gaze and pulled back from the hug.

"Oh! I have to introduce you to your date." Lia stated and winked at Charlotte.

She dragged Charlotte up to the slim man and let go.

"Charlotte, this is Henry. He is your date."

Charlotte had to admit. Henry was cute, sexy even. (Omg I cringed so hard at myself.) He was maybe 5'11 so he towered over her 5'2 frame. His dirty blonde hair was a swept over messily. He wore an all black suit that complimented his figure. He looked good. Damn good. (That shit hurt.)

"Pleased to meet you." Charlotte spoke, holding out her hand.

"The pleasure is all mine." He remarked.

Charlotte swooned over his voice.

"Why don't we head inside?" The second man, who she assumed to be Jasper, spoke up.

They all agreed and headed inside. The restaurant was nice. Way more than Charlotte can afford.

"They're paying." Lia whispered to her.

Charlotte silently rejoiced and followed them back to a secluded section of the restaurant. She slid into the booth. Henry following close behind her. Lia slid into the seat across from her and sent her a smile.

After they ordered, an awkward silence fell over the group. Charlotte started tapping her foot under the table to ease some of her anxiety. The heels that she had on made a sharp clacking noise. She hadn't realized how loud it was until she felt a cool hand come to rest on her knee, resulting in Charlotte's leg to stop bouncing. She glanced up at Henry to see him already looking at her. When they made eye contact, his mouth slowly pulled into a smirk.

This goes out to Lilmisskayi20 I saw your comment lol. I really want yo make the chapters in this book long because the chapters in all of my other books are short as fuck. Merry Christmas!