Mini-Chap Baby Ada

Remus didn't know what to do. He had never really been around babies, he didn't know what to do with them.

His first reaction was to cringe away when he was first handed the squirming infant, but now that he had her in his arms, he didn't want to let her go.
Adaline cooed up at him, laughing and reaching her hands up towards his face.
He smiled down at her, absentmindedly stroking the thin fuzz of hair on her head.

The woman standing before Remus gave a watery smile, her voice thick with tears

The woman standing before Remus gave a watery smile, her voice thick with tears. Or perhaps it was her accent...
"I vish I could 'ave taken her in myself, but I don't zink I could 'ave raised her right. She needs someone like her..." She sniffed, reaching into her coat pocket and retrieving her handkerchief. "Her mutter vished it zis way. Don't vorry about money. Her parents put avay plenty for her. I vill send her presents on her birzday. Und she can visit if she likes. Please, take good care of our little Adaline." She stroked her niece's soft hair.

Remus gave the woman a warm smile, giving his word to protect and raise Ada to the best of his ability. Exiting the station, he wrapped himself and the baby tightly in his cloak to keep out the harsh December winds, and made his way to the nearest Floo Network.
As soon as he had recieved the letter that he'd be taking in his goddaughter, Molly and Lily had insisted that he bring Adaline to the Burrow. Molly would be helpful, considering she had children of her own.

He could only imagine what Sirius and James were going to say.

Upon his arrival to the Burrow's kitchen, Remus was immediately swarmed by the two pregnant women and in a moment they had stolen the baby off of him, Molly cradling Adaline gently and Lily cooing down at the giggling child, before whisking her away to the living area.

Remus entered and was clapped on the back by a laughing Sirius.
"Congratulations Moony! Now we have 3 mothers!" He barked out.

James laughed from his place on the couch, Lily on the floor in front of him, playing with Ada.
"Leave him be Padfoot. He's going to have his hands full!"

"Oh but Prongs, the fun has just begun!" Sirius laughed as he sat beside James, Lily smacking his knee from her place on the ground without even looking away from the baby.

"What a sweet little thing! She's so cute, such pretty green eyes! How old is she Remus?" Lily only glanced at him before resuming her play with the laughing baby, smiling sweetly and cooing.

"Her birthday was in June, so she's about a year and a half." Remus took a seat in an armchair to watch Adaline.

Ada smiled at him before scrunching her brow.
"Mmmm..." It suddenly went very quiet. Everyone watched as Adaline stared down Remus.
"Mm... Moo... Moomy!" Lily and Molly gasped as James and Sirius burst out laughing.
"She... She called you Moony!" Sirius could hardly speak between gasping for air as he laughed.

Ada turned to him, before burbling out, "Paddy!"

Now it was Remus' turn to laugh, James absolutely losing it beside him.
Lily giggling slightly from her spot on the floor.

Adaline then gazed up at James.
"Pongs!"

Lily could barely contain her laugh as Sirius was absolutely howling with laughter.

"She knows out names! Smart little bugger isn't she?" Sirius grinned down at the baby, clearly amused.
Adaline smiled back at him, giggling as Lily cooed at and tickled her.

Molly smiled, before speaking up.
"Oh! Arthur dear, would you go fetch the twins for me? Little Ada might like having someone her own age here." Arthur, who had been reading a book hopped up and left the room, returning a few minutes later with two identical babies in matching green onesies.

" Arthur, who had been reading a book hopped up and left the room, returning a few minutes later with two identical babies in matching green onesies

He set them down close to Ada, Lily picking her up and turning her around to face them

"Ada, this is Fred and George, boys, this is Ada." Lily slightly scooted her forward.

The three began babbling back and forth. Molly smiled widely at the sight.

As it grew later, everyone else began to leave before it was just Remus, Sirius, and Molly and Arthur.

Molly had insisted she take care of Adaline until Remus had his place set up for a baby, as he had to get Ada under short notice.

"She'll be perfectly fine Remus." Molly assured him, cradling the sleepy baby in her arms.

"I'll be back tomorrow to check up. I'll have everything ready by tomorrow evening." Remus gently stroked Ada's hair. "Be good."

Adaline blinked slowly before smiling sleepily, "Bu-Bye Moomy!"

Remus smiled before leaving with Sirius, and Molly waddled up the stairs after Arthur to the twins room.

There was one big cradle in the corner, and she gently set Ada down before Arthur lay down Fred and George. The three cuddled up together before dozing off.

Molly could barely take how cute they were, before shutting off the light and closing the door.